This position is for a Sr. Oracle PL/SQL Database Developer responsible for successful delivery of CNSI’s Midwest region’s technology initiatives and operations. Candidates for this role will be supporting the development and operations requirements working cohesively with other database developers/leads/subject matter experts, database administrators, architects, data quality analysts, and other teams, as well as manage client relationships within the context of an individual role.
- Participate in meetings and discussions with Functional/Technical Leads to understand the requirements and work out a design.
- Interpret the requirements and build Logical and Physical Relational Data Models
- Prepare the PL/SQL Requirements and Design documents
- Write/maintain SQL and PL/SQL stored program units/packages per coding standards and trouble shoot PL/SQL code.
- Write unit tests (document and code) for the PL/SQL stored program units/packages
- Participate in code reviews and ensure the code complies with company standards and policies
- Support Production Operations as needed
- Interact with all levels of an organization in a professional, diplomatic, and tactful manner
- Continue enhancing PL/SQL skills on new practices, frameworks and standards
- Mentor other PL/SQL developers in enhancing their skills
- Conduct meetings and discussions with customer and demonstrate appropriate and effective use of technology to meet customer needs
- Interpret functional concepts relating to the design and development of software applications
- Ability to work and coordinate on multiple projects and resources.
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience as an Oracle Sr. Developer or Development Lead
- Must have at least 3 years of client interaction skills in support of formal requirements gathering sessions, as well as informal requirements session.
- Oracle 10g, 11g experience is a must
- significant experience and demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of database programming on Oracle SQL / PL/SQL and/or related technologies that encapsulate SQL, including Cursors, Ref-cursors, Procedures, Functions and Packages, Oracle Supplied Packages, Collections, Partitioned Tables, Triggers, Table Indexing
- Excellent SQL tuning experience
- Proven record of accomplishment working in all aspects of the software development life cycle
- Experience with UNIX and shell scripting
- Should have good communication and writing skills
- Solid facilitation skills to gather the necessary information to document and/or develop a plan - strategic/tactical
- Candidates must be willing to work independently and/or as part of a team in an energetic, team-oriented environment managing systems of varying size/complexity with a fast turn-around time
- Apply innovation, creativity, quality and improvement to the development/support processes
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively is a necessity
- Experience in creating Use Cases, Process & Activity Diagram using UML tools
- Experience contributing to and managing the planning and execution of activities for the following SDLC phases:
- Systems analysis and requirements definition
- Functional systems design
- Integration and functional verification
- Validation, installation and deployment
- Maintenance and operation support
Following skills would be a “PLUS”:
- Understanding of Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) processes to support Data Conversion / Migration / Consolidation
- TOAD experience
- Experience in a healthcare/insurance domain is preferred
- Experience with State government projects is preferred
CNSI is focused on hiring and retaining the best and the brightest. For that, we offer employees a rewarding career path and benefits that exceed the industry norm. In addition to a solid compensation package, CNSI provides employees a range of benefit programs designed to support you and your family. Below are just a few of our programs.
- Annual and Other Paid Leave
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Plan
- Disability Insurance (Short & Long Term)
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- College Savings Plan
- Tuition & Training Assistance
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Program & More!