Job you will do
Typical Day in the Life
A typical day as a Health Care Nurse Consultant might include the following:
- Provide both onsite and offsite consulting services to related skilled nursing facilities, home health and hospice, rural health clinics, acute care facilities both urban and rural. Services include operational assessments, work flow analysis, quality and process improvement identification, mock survey preparation designed to meet regulatory standards, corporate compliance development and survey and understanding of business acumen and industry issues.
- Continuous research of trends in health care by attending various health care association meetings and conferences, and independent study.
- Development and presentation of health care information in the form of webinars and conferences.
- Evaluate the costs, benefits and risks to alternative solutions to solve client needs.
Who You Are
- You have 10 years minimum of health care industry financial, budgeting and/or medical practice management experience.
- You hold a degree in Nursing, and a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or Health Care Administration.
- You have experience with long-term care facilities.
- You hold additional certifications beyond Registered Nurse.
- You have well-rounded knowledge of laws and regulations related to the health care industry.
- You are able to build strong networks through business development.
- You are able to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines while prioritizing your work.
- You are able to maintain effective working relationships, both internally and externally.
- You are an expert in the existing regulations and laws related to medical practices.
- You have the knowledge to manage client billings to ensure they reflect the work performed.