The Sr. Director, Major Accounts is responsible for the creation and execution of sales strategies that drive profitable growth within an assigned strategic portfolio. The Sr. Director, Major Accounts proactively engages with the customer to understand its business, anticipates and influences the customer's needs, and delivers innovative Equifax solutions. The Sr. Director, Major Accounts is a thought leader across Equifax and the industry.
The Sr. Director, Major Accounts is accountable for a team of account Directors and Solution Managers, who are responsible for the overall relationship, health and growth of their portfolio. The Sr. Director, Major Accounts drives value by providing thought leadership and guidance to the team and to the Equifax cross-functional team, while maintaining positive working relationships with other sales leaders. Furthermore, she/he provides critical voice of customer data back to Equifax and tracks/manages sales pipeline content diligently.
The Sr. Director, Major Accounts will:
- Direct, lead, develop and evaluate assigned sales professionals ensuring the highest level of client satisfaction and achievement of assigned quotas in accordance with company goals, strategy, standards and policies. Coach sales professionals in the consultative selling process, best practice tools and techniques.
- Leverage and direct the sales professionals in the development and execution of both short-and long-term sales strategies that maximize revenue, margin, market share, relationship breadth and depth. I mplement specified account strategy plans to win significant revenues from existing Major Accounts.
- Manage a team through new sales opportunities from lead through to close including technical solution development.
- Develop and clearly communicate goals for managing assigned account(s) along with logical strategies for meeting and exceeding those goals. Clearly communicate goals for the accounts by Line of Business and develop effective strategies to meet client and Equifax goals.
- Enable team of sales professionals to accurately identify problems, recognize symptoms, and formulate effective solutions and alternatives.
- Provide market and "voice of customer" feedback to the COE teams regarding competitive offering and client needs to enhance product and solution development.
- Establish and maintain strong, enduring clients and partner relationships, specifically at the senior leadership level. Explore new solutions as well as ensure growth and retention of business.
- Represent the organization on industry boards, functions and conferences to ensure an active and visible profile in the industry.
- Recruit, develop and manage team performance. Provide coaching and mentoring to team members to ensure a strong succession strategy is in place. Maintain an effective departmental structure that optimizes resources and skill sets to meet both the customers and the organization's objectives.
- Manage performance appraisals, pay reviews, training and development.
- 10+ years of experience in a client facing, strategic sales role; proven sales/solution selling experience, including the ability to diagnose the impact of trends, client data and MBOs and translate that into rapid sales revenue generation
- 7-10 years of experience managing a sales organization; experience leading senior-level account employees, including an ability to immediately establish credibility and maintain those relationships
- Strong understanding of large, complex customers and ability to partner and influence the agendas of multiple client stakeholders
- Experience demonstrating innovation (working knowledge of Equifax products in each business unit a plus)
- Knowledge of existing and emerging regulatory/compliance requirements, including the ability to leverage that knowledge to proactively drive sales
- Superior skills and ability to present and communicate effectively with c-level executives
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills; familiarity/comfort in public speaking
- Proven negotiation skills
- Experienceworking with cross-functional teams, demonstrated understanding of key skills across Equifax competencies
- Ability to drive urgency in the sales cycle and the execution of solution strategies; exceptional ability to manage a robust pipeline
- Excellent planning, organization, multi-tasking, prioritization and meeting facilitation skills
- Proven experience in driving significant revenue growth with highly complex strategic clients
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time
- Knowledge and/or experience with Fortune 500 organizations, ideally with a focus in the Retail, Restaurant/Hospitality, Entertainment verticals is highly preferred
- Knowledge and/or experience with Retention to Growth models
- Experience moving teams from retention to cross-selling models/mindsets
- Experience managing renewal pipelines and strategy
- Bachelor's degree required, graduate degree in relevant field preferred