At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an Application Developer within PNC's Retail MIS organization, you will be based in the vicinity of any of our main campus locations including Pittsburgh PA, Strongsville OH, Columbus OH, or Kalamazoo MI. Flexible working arrangements can also be considered.
You will report to a Technology Manager within the Retail MIS organization responsible for our Salesforce.com application.. PNC's Sales & Service team contributes to and supports our brand, as we develop applications and services that support our customers as well as PNC employees on the front line that are assisting our customers.
This is a hands-on resource that has familiarity with all aspects of SFDC, including the technical requirements, system configuration, user requirements, and all related policies and procedures. The Sys Admin will execute all configuration changes and will proactively monitor the system configuration and controls.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understands all aspects of SFDC configuration and technical/functional capabilities, including all changes and potential system implications related to the SFDC release upgrades (currently scheduled 2-3 times a year)
- Communicates regularly with the SFDC designated super users to support them in their role and provide information and training on new features and functionality. (Support may include assistance with data imports/exports, assistance with data integrity projects or other requests.)
- Communicates regularly with the SFDC Business Owner, IT systems leadership, CRM Steering Committee and other stakeholders to ensure functionality meets field needs and to develop ongoing project plan.
- Maintains at least high-level familiarity with other IT system / business application capabilities and scope definition in order to make recommendations about potential upstream/downstream integration or functionality intersection points.
- SFDC Sys Admin/ Developer would champion SFDC within the technology systems group, educating other team members on the capabilities and potential applications of SFDC.
- Serves as key liaison with IT technical resources in areas related to system support for areas such as wireless, Outlook integration, etc.
Develops ad-hoc reports as requested by user groups or stakeholders, performs analysis on data as required Maintain and communicate system metrics to track trends in usage and data integrity.
OH - Strongsville
OH537 - Strongsville Technology Center
- Provides information on the detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Designs and codes application programs; performs testing for developed applications .
- Conducts analyses of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems .
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system .
- Ensures the operating efficiency of existing application systems. Maintains records for the documentation of systems development and revisions .
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Packaged Application Integration - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement packaged application software and integrate it with company applications, databases and technology platforms.
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT TOOLS - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
APPLICATION DELIVERY PROCESS - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.
Application Design, Architecture - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to utilize these to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
Application Testing - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of application testing and ability to design, plan and execute application testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality throughout all stages of application development.
Application Maintenance - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to define, implement changes to, and support a production application.
System Development Life Cycle - Working Experience
- Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.
Technical Writing/Documentation - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the technical language and writing approach, and the ability to write paper-based and on-line technical reference documentation (guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.)
Technical Troubleshooting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
- Related Salesforce certifications is a plus.
RequiredEducation and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Total Hours Per Week
HR Job Code
100219 Application Developer Sr
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.