Alexa Communications is a just-launched initiative with a huge vision in a competitive landscape. We’re working to become the most natural way for people to communicate, and the challenge ahead is significant. We're a high energy, fast growth business excited to have the opportunity to define the future of voice-controlled communications, make Alexa even more useful, and delight customers around the world.
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Manager (QAM) to build and lead the QA competency for Synchronous Communications. This is a strategic role to design and deliver manual and automated QA systems in a complex space spanning a global service, hundreds of devices, dozens of features, and both graphic and voice-based user interfaces.
This role requires working closely with business, product, engineering and NLU Science leaders within Alexa Communications and across Amazon to deliver ground breaking features. You will lead high visibility and highimpact systems, collaborate with various teams across Amazon, and own regular communication with senior leadership. The successful candidate will be an expert in balancing the near-term demands of our business with long-term investment in automation and tooling, requiring backbone and strategic planning to opportunistically build toward the long-term while delivering results in the short term.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· 8+ years in QA for customer-facing applications
· Demonstrated experience with UI Automation and tools
· Demonstrated experience with full-stack, E2E QA methodologies
· Demonstrated experience building roadmaps
· Demonstrated experience delivering on long-term strategic initiatives
· Experience managing both QAEs and SDETs
· Experience with global products and regional differences
· Remote employee management
· Building/managing test labs