Federal Account Executive - Air Force
8 - 10 years experience • Software
SAS has proudly helped our customers solve complex business issues with our world class analytics for more than 40 years. SAS employees around the world provide unparalleled technical acumen and domain expertise, and collectively contribute to SAS’ acclaimed culture of innovation. We have a workplace like no other. We believe in stimulating work, an empowering management philosophy where you are encouraged to take risks and an inspiring workplace where creativity thrives.
We are seeking an innovative and dedicated individual to join our Federal Sales practice as an Account Executive. As a Federal Account Executive, you will be responsible for sales of SAS software products, solutions and services to U.S. Federal Government customers; specifically, the US Air Force.
- Sells software solutions and services to current and prospective Air Force, COCOM and Military Exchange customers.
- Works with other sales personnel and Client Executives to position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers within assigned territory.
- Fulfills wide range of requests for information from prospective customers.
- Qualifies level of opportunity and type of account.
- Prospects within a territory or account to uncover business needs.
- Implements aspects of territory and account management and development; identifies accounts with high "close" potential, qualifies, and forecast time frames to close business.
- Works closely with account managers and executives to facilitate timely response to highly qualified, high revenue potential leads.
- Prepares standard quotations and proposal information as needed; works with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for services.
- Follows up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities.
- Develops a basic understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures.
- Customizes and sells solution and consulting packages to match account needs with SAS offerings, along with external partnership offerings.
- Utilizes solutions-selling methodology, strategic concepts, and techniques.
- Conducts significant direct contact with customers and travel to customer sites.
- Serves as a resource for team members in all aspects of territory management, policies and procedures, marketing goals and objectives, SAS System applications, hardware platforms, market trends and business and industry knowledge.
- Sets goals and objectives based on evaluation of territory potential and matches company and divisional initiatives.
- Actively participates in sales calls and presentations; identifies goals, evaluates account needs, and designs appropriate demonstrations.
- Applies knowledge of SAS marketing goals and objectives, SAS applications, supported hardware platforms, and marketing trends to assess account needs.
- Assumes responsibility for all activity in accounts and new revenue, both software and services, works with consulting staff to position service solutions and leverage sales opportunities.
- Directs internal SAS resources, including pre-sales and post-sales services, contracts, etc. in order to reach objectives.
- Assumes consultative role in dealing with technical issues and interpreting applications needs; prepares customer profiles based on needs analysis of hardware, software, applications, and user levels.
- Prepares complex quotations and proposal information as needed; works to customize quotes and proposals and to coordinate resources across divisions.
- Conducts extensive follow-up with customers to track satisfaction levels and uncover additional opportunities.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to customers at the highest level of management.
- Effectively manages business expenses.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, MIS, or other relevant discipline.
- Requires a minimum of eight years of experience selling computer software solutions (including related training products and services), or a combination of computer software, computer hardware, and/or telecommunications software/hardware.
- Deep Domain Knowledge of the Air Force. At least three years of experience successfully selling enterprise software into the US Air Force. Also selling into the COCOMS would be an added advantage.
- Work location: Washington, DC metro area
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time as or as business needs dictate.
- Knowledge of advanced strategic sales techniques;
- Knowledge of Air Force software acquisition cycles and buying influences.
- Advanced knowledge of industry software and hardware terminology and concepts; knowledge of SAS solutions and services preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strategic selling skills, skills in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan.
- Ability to initiate and lead projects; ability to work effectively in a team environment; ability to relate technical and business concepts to SAS applications and user needs; ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to travel on a frequent basis.
Requisition ID 20016974