Job Number : 81193
Division : Engineering
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Client is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer with the ability to provide full design services to our broad range of clients and diverse project types. Candidates must be able to perform and oversee engineering evaluations and analysis, design drawings, technical specifications and cost estimates across all facets of mechanical engineering including HVAC, controls, piping, ductwork, plumbing, fire protection, energy calculations and commissioning. A strong working knowledge in the application of fluid dynamics, heat transfer, mechanical power systems and digital control systems is required. Responsibilities include the supervision of HVAC, plumbing and fire protection engineering and design staff. Additionally, experience working with other disciplines including architects, structural, electrical and civil engineers is desired.
We are looking for team members with the following qualifications:
· B.S. in Mechanical Engineering with PE in NYS is required.
· Minimum 7-15 years of project related experience in building mechanical (HVAC) design
· Proficiency in Revit MEP, AutoCAD design software.
· Strong technical background in design of HVAC systems for government, commercial, private and institutional projects.
· Ability to prepare and oversee the preparation of contract documents, calculations and specifications.
· Ability to seek out and develop new external relationships to drive business to Client.
· Knowledge of Mechanical codes and standards.
· Proficiency with HVAC design/energy analysis software.
· Technical background that includes a knowledge of plumbing and fire protection systems is preferred.
· Excellent communication and writing skills to maintain strong interaction with our clients and staff.
· Additional industry certifications and USGBC LEED AP accreditation are considered a plus.