The Senior Audit Manager will be responsible for managing risk-based audits of compliance topics, generally approached at the SunTrust enterprise level; participating in audits of compliance-related topics at the LOB level; and providing input to LOB teams to carry out the SunTrust Audit Services compliance audit strategy. Participation in other projects/initiatives as assigned. As a Senior Audit Manager, candidate will:
- Develop and present processes, risks, controls and audit approaches to teams
- Setting clear quality expectations based on SAS standards and delivers and explains reasons for review notes
- Be a subject matter expert on compliance related matters affecting SunTrust
- Present and defend audit issues effectively
- Prepare meaningful, relevant, and well-supported audit reports
- Demonstrate strong listening skills and debating issues in an open, honest and forthright manner
- Create an open, flexible atmosphere among multiple project teams managed to allow for rigorous interaction and confirmation of audit issues with clients
- Support internal audit change initiatives and contributes by participating in a lead role
- Ability to work independently in areas of difficult or complex nature
- Contribute to planning, development, and execution of the audit plan
- Utilize relationship management skills to build business relationships with audit clients
- Develop project plans that effectively incorporate appropriate risks, scope, staffing requirements, deliverables, timelines, budgets and client availability
- Participate in audit execution as a core team member or project manager
- Contribute to the design and execution of continuous auditing tools that assess changing risk and impact the planning of audit activities
- Bachelor's degree with 12+ years industry experience (with at least 7 years in regulatory compliance environment, audit, and or internal control/risk management).
- Project management skills, including the ability to manage shifting priorities.
- Working knowledge of audit principles, practices and methodologies.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Exemplify a positive attitude, strong work ethic, team work and professionalism.
- Specifically seeking experience in operational and/or compliance related functions within Commercial Real Estate, Consumer Banking, Wealth & Investment Management, Capital Markets, or Wholesale Banking
- Advanced degree
- CIA, CRCM, or other relevant certifications
- Knowledge of Securities regulations is a plus
- Ability to travel 20%