The Global Workplace Safety and Wellness Manager manages Safety Operations and Wellness initiatives directly in our headquarter office in San Francisco, and liaises with the Workplace Experience Regional Managers globally, with the goals of ensuring that all Zendesk offices meet regulatory compliance standards, supporting occupational health and safety requirements, and promoting overall employee wellbeing.
- Plans, implements, manages, and verifies risk control and compliance programs to ensure the employment of safe work practices including, but not limited to, fire prevention, emergency response, equipment safeguards, electrical lockout, and correct handling techniques
- Prepares and implements global Emergency Response Teams at each office
- Develops and trains staff on occupant emergency plans and incident response protocols
- Reviews new construction projects and changes for EHS impacts and facilitates continued compliance with all relevant stakeholders
- Leads Investigation of incidents and provides well-articulated reports, briefings, and action recommendations
- Manages and conducts required trainings to ensure compliance to legal safety training requirements and Zendesk standards
- Develop safety and emergency preparedness protocols and training for staff, liaison with individual offices’ local emergency services , etc.
- Coordinates the planning, research, compliance and delivery of a creative Wellness Program that expands on Zendesk’s desire to give employees the tools they need to live a healthier lifestyle - including development of a cross-functional task force to expand the breadth of the program
- Further develops and communicates the wellness philosophy and strategy to ensure that it supports strategic goals globally
- 5+ years experience managing EHS and wellness programs, in technology or creative office environments
- 3+ years experience developing incident response plans
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred (years of experience may be substituted for education)
- Must be highly adaptable and flexible
- Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively cross-functionally.