Leasing professionals seeking a new opportunity to advance their careers can do just that as a Leasing Manager, for American Homes 4 Rent - one of the country's fastest-growing owners of single-family rental homes. In this key role, you'll build, train and supervise a team of leasing consultants, making you instrumental in the revenue generation activities of our $8 billion REIT. This is an ideal situation for an experienced leader, who wants the freedom and autonomy to implement their vision and make things happen for the large portfolio of single-family homes in their district. In our start-up culture, we'll rely on you to interpret instructions properly, demonstrate good decision-making skills and contribute your ideas to improve processes and procedures. Join a company that recognizes and rewards top performers!
As our Leasing Manager, your primary mission will be to mentor, train, and support Leasing staff in your local district office; you'll also support District Managers with managing the application process, evaluating and recruiting Leasing Consultants, and maximizing the conversion of incoming leads.
In this role you will also:
- Must have a current Real Estate License.
- Manage all lead and application activity in the district to ensure leads move through the leasing process. Manage the application process focusing on customer satisfaction and lease conversion rates.
- Take responsibility for driving all leasing activity and productivity within a district office. Be focused on meeting Key Performance Indicators relating to occupancy, renewals, new lease production, and minimizing vacancy periods. Be responsible for monitoring current and upcoming inventory.
- Assist and direct Leasing Consultants with leasing activities in accordance with applicable laws to maximize housing occupancy.Train and mentor Leasing Consultants and administrative assistants in local district office.
- Work with District Managers to audit lead attentiveness and create measures to minimize inefficiencies and to assure leads are handled properly.
- Be responsible for overseeing 7-day weekly staffing coverage and management of overtime. Hold daily meetings with leasing team.
- Strong sales and marketing background
- Skilled in leading a team and providing guidance to a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organizations and external contacts
- Solid decision making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities
- Solid customer service, quality and results orientation
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related experiencerequired
- 3 years’ of experience in property management required
- Knowledge of lease review, application review, conversion rates
- Understanding of Fair Housing Laws
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel and CRM