As a senior member of the development team, we are looking for someone to be a mentor to others, an advocate of best practices, and an active coach amongst the engineering team they’ll work with. We look for self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment – which means wearing many hats, being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn new technologies as the need arises.
- You should value expertise and a passion for the craft of Software Engineering. You should be able to recognize and stay up to date on current techniques and tools, but also be prudent knowing what is and isn’t a good fit.
- Contribute to building an environment where technical excellence and delivery of outstanding software is in focus.
- Actively mentor engineers to develop their expertise.
- Work and communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Adhere to and advocate for development best practices including test driven development, and agile methodologies.
- Contribute ideas for continually improving the team's productivity and code quality.
- Become an expert in our existing systems in order to innovate on their further improvement.
Minimum Criteria & Skills (including education & licenses)
- 7+ years of experience in producing software
- Advanced-level experience with at least C# and the .NET runtime
- Expert experience with TDD, SOLID design, SOA, scalability
- Organize and prioritize individual workload in order to meet requireddeadlines
- Communicate effectively with team members, team leads, and management
- Work as a member of a team, accept ownership of work and actively contribute to team discussions
- Excellent decision-making skills
“The environment is really good for developers. We understand how developers work and we’ve built a culture around that.” –Steve
“Open source contributions are encouraged, which helps with community outreach, networking, and improving your skills” – Matt
“Really feel like I'm growing as a developer. Always being exposed to new things. Great mentors.” – Jeff
'There's a continuous commitment across the whole office to improve the quality of software and how we deliver it. I feel challenged and empowered every day to make a difference.' - Mike