Due to explosive year over year growth , our Device group is looking to add on a Marketing Manager for Communications to our Markham, ON team. This role will be 12 month contract to start with possibility of extension or conversion to Permanent.
Marketing and Advertising Manager - 12 month contract
Huawei Technologies Canada
Opportunity like this don’t come around so often. We are the third largest smartphone manufacturer in the world right after Samsung and Apple. We sold 139M smartphones in 2016, our global brand evaluation ranks 50th based on BrandZ, 72nd based on Interbrand and we have been recognized as no.129 on Fortune 500’s top companies list, but not so many knows us in Canada and people doesn’t even know how to pronounce our name. Do you see the opportunity?
To change that, we are looking for a passionate and creative marketer who sees the enormous opportunity in a chance to build the brand of a $82B global company here in Canada by managing our marketing communications.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing communications manager will be responsible for all elements of the brand management, advertising and communications of Huawei in Canada. This includes all our “offline” communications channels including advertising, creative, design, media planning & buying, in store communication and merchandising, sponsorships and events and more.
- Liaise and manage external agency partners (Advertising, Media )
- Manage an in house creative team and in house production studio
- Develop advertising strategy, campaigns and promotions
- Develop creative briefs for all advertising, media, communications and event activities
- Manage the creative production for all advertising and brand communications
- Track, measure and monitor all brand and advertising activities
- Work closely with the rest of the marketing team, product and channelmarketing
- Work closely with internal procurement and legal departments
- Budget control and management
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven track record with at least 6-8years of experience in the creative, advertising or marketing communications role (advertising agency experiencepreferred)
- Superior verbal and written communication skills – including strong copywriting skills
- Strong advertising and production industry experience and relationships
- Experience managing external agencies
- Experience with advertising production process (TV, Print, Radio, Online, OOH, Cinema)
- Ability to accept specific direction, with an outstanding work ethic
- Extremely organized with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Able to balance entrepreneurial spirit with the requirement to work cross functionally within a large organization