Kitware is seeking to hire highly skilled Research and Development Engineers (R&D Engineers) to join our Scientific Computing team and contribute to our scientific and information visualization efforts. Candidates will work to develop and improve leading visualization software solutions.
Kitware collaborates on a multitude of basic and applied research and development projects. Our collaborators include the top universities from around the world, national research labs, medical device manufacturers, car manufacturers, oil and gas companies, financial institutes, and many others. The projects range from extending our open source C++ libraries and applications, such as VTK, ParaView, and CMake, to developing proprietary domain-specific vertical applications for a wide array of platforms including web and mobile devices.
By joining our team you will participate in a dynamic work environment with exceptionally talented and friendly coworkers who are committed to high-quality development practices. You will collaborate with esteemed researchers from around the world by:
* Designing and developing scalable data analysis and visualization tools for use by researchers and professionals from various domains;
* Designing and developing end-user tools for data analysis, visualization, simulation input preparation, modeling and many other scientific applications,
* Solving a wide array of problems ranging from developing distributed memory parallel algorithms for data analysis, optimizing distributed parallel codes to compiling and maintaining software on supercomputers.
* Designing and developing tools to improve scientific data analysis workflows;
* Contributing to the development of next generation data analysis and visualization tools including developing support for fine-grained parallelism on massively threaded shared memory systems (e.g. Intel Xeon Phi and GPUs)
* Contributing to and supporting our dynamic open source communities built around several of our open source tools.
* Outstanding C++ skills, strong Python skills;
* A passion for C++ programming and for developing and delivering practical solutions to challenging data analysis problems;
* B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in computer science or a related field with corresponding emphasis on visualization, computational science, and good software development practice;
* Excellent communication skills;
* HPC experience including MPI, GPU programming, multi-threaded programming desired.
* Experience in developing end-user applications using libraries such as Qt desired.