Serve as a development resource for all phases of SAP Business Warehouse projects and support. Lead through design and development of BI/BW scenarios to meet business requirements. Lead Technical Resource, working closely with IT and key business leaders to ensure delivery of actionable information and informational integrity, across all systems throughout Remington Outdoor Company (ROC). Candidate will have demonstrated experience implementing BI solutions and be highly proficient in enterprise reporting and application integration techniques and technologies
- Own Technical Specifications, BI modeling, Development, Deployment and user-signoff of BI/BW solutions supporting all brands within the ROC enterprise.
- Develop and test SAP BW Datasources, Infocubes, DSOs, Multiproviders, Transformations, DTPs, Infopackages, Queries and Analysis Workbooks to meet technical specifications and business requirements.
- Assist in development of a current and future state architectural roadmaps that ensures initiatives are aligned with the goals of the business and projects are completed with the highest level of quality.
- Manage change requests and do impact analysis on the Data Warehouse and OLAP, working with stakeholders to do upstream and downstream analysis.
- Gather and articulate business and information requirements from business analysts across the various functional and business areas.
- Analyze and assess the impact of production system changes and new business requirements to the existing data architecture.
- Ensure that systems are developed that use reliable fact data and consistent dimensions.
- Collaborate with the BI Architecture team, business analysts and application developers to develop a high availability operational data store and data warehouse environment.
- Must have very strong demonstrated knowledge of Business Warehouse, Data Concepts, and deploying higher level Business Intelligence solutions in a Consumer Products environment.
Skills and Education Required
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S or B.A.) from four-year college or university and at least six years related experience to include:
- Minimum of 5 years of lead experience implementing and delivering BI or decision support system (DSS) used for competitive intelligence, reporting, online analytical processing, analytics, data mining, business performance management, benchmarking, text mining and predictive analytics.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the Consumer Packaged Goods and/or Manufacturing industry.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in SAP ERP Solution, ideally version ECC 6.0 or greater.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in SAP BW Solution, ideally version 7.3 or greater.
- Candidate should have exceptional technical and communication skills to solicit buy-in from key stake-holders, while evaluating with and articulating technical solutions to the IT team.
- Good understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Experience with Business Objects products, including Web Intelligence is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Executives, Senior Leadership, managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Writes manuals for users to describe installation and operating procedures.
- Extremely analytical and very competent in data and reporting skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- See “Education and/or Experience” section.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Strong knowledge of standards and specifications: XML, Java and .NET based messaging services, Web Services, etc.
- Strong knowledge in data warehousing, data dictionaries, enterprise application integration, relational databases, ETL, SQL, metadata, data flow diagramming, data modeling, and multidimensional analysis.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Systems, Microsoft SharePoint Services and Windows 7.0 or greater.
- Exceptional leadership and presentation skills needed.
- Good communication skills and ability to interact effectively with senior development managers, architects and business analysts.
- The ability to write complex documents that are concise and understood by multiple levels of the organization.
- Is a thought leader, and well respected by multiple levels of the organization.
- Ability to solve and articulate solutions to highly complex problems and to work effectively in highly ambiguous and stressful situations.
- Ability to handle politically charged or otherwise nebulas situations while influencing the outcome towards effective and collaborative solutions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- (CDMP) Certified Data Management Professional certification is helpful, but not required.
- (PMP) Project Management Professional certification is helpful, but not required.
Staff Req. # HDQ 17-033