Tarkett, a global leader in flooring solutions has a brand new opportunity for an energetic Regional Business Manager (RBM) to join our growing sales team in Minnesota! The RBM must be a proactive individual with an entrepreneurial spirit, strong strategic thinking, planning and organization skills, and a desire to manage their territory while being accountable for results. The RBM will be accountable for increasing the Company’s market opportunities and account penetration resulting in achieving the Company’s market share objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible to develop a thorough understanding of the Company’s overall business direction, its mission, and operating strategies.
• Translate the Company’s overall direction and objectives into a territory marketing plan encompassing; (i) goals, objectives and benefits, (ii) major account penetration targets, (iii) implementation plan, and (iv) commitments required by the Company and customer.
• Develop in conjunction with the Regional Director, the Segment VP’s and the Design Development Manager (DDM) (where appropriate), a comprehensive plan to address the A&D community which includes; (i) the development of relationships with major specifiers, (ii) the tracking and securing of projects, (iii) ensuring sampling is maintained, and (iv) effectively managing end user opportunities of sufficient size and business longevity. The results of this activity must result in increased specifications and increased revenue.
• Develop strong relationships with flooring contractor, particularly impact contractors, and major flooring co-op accounts, especially the commercial and retail oriented groups. These relations should be built on regular contacts and creative programs resulting in increased revenue.
• Ensure, through leadership and management, the distribution network within the territory is consistent with the Company’s overall distribution strategy. This strategy includes ensuring that the territory distribution network is structurally aligned with Tarkett, and is organized both managerially and financially to achieve long-term growth.
• Provide support to the company’s distributor partners in terms of, (i) training in product knowledge, operating policies and plans, (ii) assisting distributor salespeople on sales calls, (iii) makes sales calls to contractors independent of the distributor, (iv) managing complaints, both product and service and, (v) providing marketing leadership, i.e. localized promotional programs.
• Ensure that the principals of the primary distributors in the area are aligned with Tarkett philosophies and marketing strategies resulting in the two companies achieving business compatibility.
• Consistently meet financial and other objectives as set.
• Manage quality issues with customers immediately and facilitates solution to problems locally or in concert with operating management at division headquarters.
• Prepare competitive assessments of the local territory, encompassing; (i) strengths and weakness, (ii) pricing strategies, (iii) product and distribution strategy etc. This is to be done in a formal document yearly and in periodic updates as needed in the business.
• Prepare regionalized recommended pricing requirements including; (i) annual pricing levels by account and, (ii) special project requests. These need to be justified in writing.
• Continuously assess distributor operations, in particular (i) results achieved, (ii) financial status (receivables), and other problems which the Company should be aware.
• Utilize Company customer relationship management CRM software and other technology provided to record activity, communicate effectively, track relationships and projects, manage pricing exceptions, and otherwise manage the territory.
• Work in concert with Directors of Development for end user vertical segments to support opportunities in the channel for Company revenue growth.
REQUIREMENTS (including educational requirements):
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or other related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum of 3-5 years of sales experience required
• Proven decision making abilities
• Entrepreneurial attitude with management potential
• Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Word
• Overnight travel is required (50% - 75%)
Note: As a general guideline the time will be focused on the flooring service providers 40-50%, 10-20% design community, 10-20% end users, and distributor 10-20%.
Primary Location: North America-US-MN-Minneapolis
Other Locations: North America-US-Iowa-Des Moines, North America-US-Nebraska-Omaha
Job Type: Standard
Job Number: 02743