The Contract Manager will be responsible for managing and overseeing assigned work and coordinating the daily activities of assigned contractor crews/locations to assure high standards of safety, security, environmental compliance. This position will be required to coordinate a multi-disciplined team including the Project Manager, Scheduler, Doc Control and contractors to effectively manage client construction requirements. As a construction manager, responsibilities include Safety, Contractor and Client interfacing, QMS, QA/QC, Materials Management and Constructability Reviews.
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the project specific safety program to promote overall compliance of health and safety standards, applicable regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Assists in the creation and facilitation the project quality program to ensure project materials are supplied and work is completed accordingly.
- Works with the Project Manager to ensure that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that quality standards are maintained.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestone and completion dates.
- Leads project meetings when Project Manager is unavailable with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project’s ongoing progression.
- Provides strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure project targets are achieved.
- Identifies and manages opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible impact on schedule and financial targets.
- Coordinate with internal and external resources for pre-bid and pre-construction meetings as required.
- Engineering coordination and document reviews with constructability analysis.
- Review and assist with the project scopes of work prior to release of bid documents. “Tighten” up bid scopes through gained experience and by applying lessons learned to mitigate the amount of unnecessary change orders.
- Participate in construction conference calls and meetings to report on status of assigned construction projects and maintenance work. Ensure safe and reliable construction and maintenance of the substation systems consistent with company goals, objectives and policies, in full compliance with existing and relevant emerging government codes and regulations.
- Oversee Contractors and associated personnel on site to main accident free workplace.
- Maintain work flow of RFIs for timely resolution.
- Approve Month Schedule of Values.
- Schedule Compliance.
- Keep written/photographs and records onsite to adequately document project to client standards.
- Keep site records to indicate status of materials onsite and scheduled for delivery.
- Document and publish daily and weekly construction reports to the PM.
- Bachelor's Degree in Building Science or Civil Engineering, MBA preferred
- At least five (5) years of experience in managing electrical transmission and substation projects
- Experience with Quality Management System standards (i.e. ISO-9001, TS-16949, etc)
Proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.