The Payroll Manager under general direction, processes the organization's payroll accurately and on time. Activities may include preparing accounting transactions and reports, distributing and preparing payments, benefits, taxes and payroll deductions; calculating overtime, shift payments, commissions, and bonuses; maintaining payroll records.
This position monitors and processes all Federal, State and Local payrolltaxes including applicable balancing and reconciliations. This role provides day-to-day guidance to payroll specialist(s), guiding daily work assignments, scheduling work hours, and monitoring workload.
This position researches and maintains wage/hour and tax compliance at all times in the department/company. Suggests and implements quality control measures, performance metrics and process improvement initiatives.
Builds and maintains high functioning relationships with all of our business partners (benefits, compensation, HR Partners, accounting, tax, HRIS and outside service providers).
**Please note, this resource MUST sit out of our Atlanta,GA office!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads and assists in processing the payroll per the bi-weekly payroll cycle
- Completes all new tax setups with agencies and associates (new hires, exempt, transfers, all locals)
- Balances and reconciles all payrolltax payments (third party processor, payroll, treasury)
- Researches and amends taxes for all tax notices, work with tax service provider where applicable, SUTA tax rates
- Wage and Hour and Tax Compliance research, communication and change management
- Creates and balance bi-weekly payroll journal entries. Reconcile assigned payroll accounts.
- Accounting research to support Finance team for monthly close and audit questions
- Audit bi-weekly payroll processes
- Initiate off-cycle payroll check requests (terminations, missed pay)
- Ensures cross-training and documentation of procedures for the payroll function
- Escalates potential high-impact service issues to Payroll Director
- Maintains processes, procedures that provide for the strictest level of confidentiality regarding employee and company information
- Coordinate International payroll processing, Canada and EMEA
- Bachelor’s degreerequired preferably in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years prior payroll management experience
- Multi-State payroll processing required
- Workdayexperience is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of wage and hour, garnishment and payrollbanking transactions required
- High volume payroll and customer service experiencerequired
- Payroll Certifications (CPP) preferred (strongly desired)
Req Number ACC-17-00019 .