Engineer, Software & HIL Test
Magna Powertrain Troy - Driveline Systems
Magna Powertrain is a premier supplier for the global automotive industry with full capabilities in powertrain design, development, testing and manufacturing. Offering complete system integration sets us apart from our competitors. An operating group of MagnaInternational, Magna Powertrain is headquartered in Troy, Michigan with50 pluslocations globally.
Responsible for the design and development of Validation documentation, software, SIL models, HIL Models, test scripts and components. Working from broad specifications, engineer not only performs, but isresponsible for guidingengineering activities. Independently plans, designs and carries out work assignments and often serves as a technical authority.
1. Design, development and problem resolution of new and existing software, SIL models, HIL Models, test scripts and components for powertrain, and chassis products.
2. Cascade of test specifications from system to components and delivery of test plans and test designs to the specifications.
3. Documentation of detail test plans, test design, analysis, computer modeling, prototype/production test scripts and specification releases.
4. Conduct research, new tools, best practices and alternative approaches to optimal software development.
5. Develop Validation Product/System Practices and Procedures for advanced industry technologies like Cybersecurity, Global B and AutoSAR (wherever product relevance).
6. Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management system (TS 16949).
7. Maintains working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
8. Practice and maintain integrity while following Magna’s Charter and Constitution.
9. Follow Magna’s Code of Conduct and Ethics and related compliance policies.
10. Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management system (IATF).
11. Drive the development of new technologies to improve quality, efficiency and reduce cost.
12. Comply with safety policies and procedures to ensure duties of self are performed in a safe manner.
• Health & Safety responsibilities:
o Understand applicable Environmental, Health & Safety policies and procedures in the workplace.
o Report unsafe conditions immediately .
o Report injuries, accidents, illnesses, near misses, property damage immediately.
o Follow safety rules.
o Comply with requirements for the use or operation of machines or equipment.
o Comply with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
13. Create a positive work environment by demonstrating and sharing functional/technical knowledge.
14. Develop and maintain a responsive and cooperative working relationship with internal and external customers.
15. Treat everyone with dignity, trust and respect.
16. Complete additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Knowledge and Education
1. B.S. required.
2. Working knowledge of dSpace, Automation Desk or Control Desk.
3. High level of analytical ability, understand of engineering theory and principles of design
4. Working knowledge in computer based software, strong organizational/communication skills, and ability to work with others in a team environment.
1. 1-3 years related work experience required in Matlab/Simulink, C code.