Controller / Director of Finance - Aviation & Industrial Components Manufacturing
11 - 15 years experience • Business Services
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, toprovide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material toaftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
Triumph Gear Systems – Toronto is a leading solution provider of complex machined products, serving the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Nuclear and Industrial sectors. Over thelast half century, Triumph Gear Systems – Toronto has expanded and updated our product mix to supply top-tier customers globally in a wide variety of industries. Our operating strategy targets niche markets in need of sophisticated manufacturing capabilities and our long-term relationships with our customers provide thefoundation of our success.
Controller/Director of Finance - Manufacturing
This position reports to the VP of Finance and is responsible for multiple sites withinternational locations USD$65M Aerospace Manufacturing subsidiary of a publically traded company.
The position will direct the accounting functions; oversee the budget process and financial reporting. This is a "hands-on" financial leadership opportunity. The Toronto site is a growth orientated operation. The Director of Finance will be required tostrategically lead and oversee a range of cost accounting functions, including product costing and inventory valuation for month end closing; analysis of costs, inventories, financial performance; management reporting; and continuous improvement ofcosting methodology and management reporting.
The position will act as a business partner to the Operating Company President toguide and build value in the subsidiary company. The Director of Finance will bepart of the Senior Management Team of the local operation.
- Develop complete financial plan for the company
- Drive excess expense and capital out of the business
- Manage the Closing Cycle and division accounting functions
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, programbudgets and actual expenditures.
- Cash flow management…manage working capital with a focus on inventory management and organizational cash flow forecasting
- Process re-engineering
- Consistently analyze financial data, conduct on-going variance analysis.
- Economic evaluations of Long Term Customer Contract Proposals
- Clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership abreast of financial status
- Demonstrated experience leading people and partnering with business executives
- Direct, manage & develop accounting staff of 4+ associates.
- Willingness to travel
- Interact with various levels of management and staff
- Audits/tests ongoing processes to assure continued compliance
- Identify process improvements that lead to cost savings or revenue enhancement opportunities
- Plan, oversee and manage Inventory Counts and Reporting
- BA in Accounting, Finance or Commerce with a CPA designation.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience with 5+ years in a leadership role.
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment, Aerospace, Nuclear or Industry Sectors is a strong asset.
- Extensive expertise in Excel
- Extensive experience with an robust ERP system.
- Must possess ability to collaborate with senior level personnel and provide leadership to internal stakeholders regarding best business practices and continuous process improvement
- Knowledge of AS9100
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of machining processes, manufacturing and production would be an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Knowledge of computer programs such as MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with ERP, Syteline Infor would definitely be an asset
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Have sound judgment and decision making ability.
- Have a customer and relationship building focus
- Ability and willingness to deal with rapid change, ambiguity and workindependently within a framework of minimal supervision
- Must be eligible to work in Canada by means of either, citizenship, permanent residency or current valid work permit.
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive group benefit plan including medical, dental & life insurance coverage
- Company contributions to retirement savings plan (RSP)
- Training, development & career planning
- Location: 9 Fenmar Drive North York, Ontario Canada (Near Hwy 400 and Finch Avenue)