VP Provider Services
Responsible for selling the entirety of the Owens & Minor product and service offerings to targeted healthcare systems and hospitals within a designated territory. Develops relationships and works with all levels within hospitals and IDNs, with a primary focus on Administration, to articulate the total Owens & Minor value proposition and strategy. Works with client leadership either as the sales leader or in support of the sales team to develop strategies and plans to retain and improve the value creation for clients and Owens & Minor. Coordinates efforts to identify and sell new business. Directly accountable for the Revenue, Gross Margin and Operating Earnings of their total book of business. Sells and manages own large client(s). Develops specific goals and objectives for sales team and leads, plans, directs and coordinates efforts of sales personnel within a territory or functional area toward accomplishment of goals and objectives. Builds strong teams through design of the sales organization and through identifying and hiring sales talent onto the team. Engages and inspires teammates through training, people management, mentoring and coaching, leveraging OMU coursework and other resources to support individual growth and success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- 1. Leads, plans, directs and coordinates efforts of the sales personnel toward accomplishment of goals and objectives.
- 2. Builds strong partnerships with key healthcare systems, identifying the goals, resources and action steps necessary for market share and earnings growth.
- 3. Directly responsible for the Revenue, Gross Margin and Operating Earnings for total book of business. Also creates sales strategy and actively markets and sells the full spectrum of Owens & Minor product and service offerings to own large client(s).
- 4. Responsible for providing sales leadership on the entirety of Owens & Minor's product and service offerings, developing sales strategies and client plans to add to existing agreements and drive new business.
- 5. Actively identifies and hires top talent into the sales organization.
- 6. Develops a total sales organization design to oversee the creation and implementation of strategies, goals, and measurements by sales team, territory and client. Ensures the plan carried through to the individual sales representative to establish specific goals and objectives.
- 7. Partners with sales leadership and OMU to develop and refine sales training curriculum and works with teammates to outline individual development plans, following up to ensure plans are being executed.
- 8. Communicates regularly with team and individuals regarding progress toward sales goals and objectives and provides coaching on opportunities to improve and/or adjust course.
- 9. Works with the client to address service issues and to determine an overall solution.
- 10. Collaborates with Regional Directors of Operations and Generals Managers to design and develop total client solutions, bringing together sales, service and operations and ensure client satisfaction.
- 11. Prepares the sales expense budget and design and reporting of Revenues and Gross Margin for their territory assignment; reviews reporting with senior leadership to evaluate success and identify opportunities to adjust plans and objectives.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- 1. Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 1. Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in Business Administration or a related discipline, required.
- 2. MBA, preferred.
- 3. Minimum, ten (10) years of experience in Sales, required.
- 4. Progressive supervisory or team leadership experience, required.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 1. Demonstrated functional knowledge of distribution industry.
- 2. Very strong financial management skills with a demonstrated ability specifically in pricing and forecasting.
- 3. Very strong leadership and people management skills with an ability to coach and mentor all levels of teammates.
- 4. Excellent communication and negotiation skills with an ability to influence most senior levels in an organization.
- 5. Exceptional critical thinking and creative problem solving skills with proven ability to collaborate with others to identify alternatives and drive to resolution
- 6. Very strong planning and organizational skills.
- 7. Demonstrated success in sales planning and sales execution.
- 8. PC proficient.