Global Distribution Sales Manager
The Global Distribution Sales Manager is responsible for all sales of product sold through distribution for all of the Electronic Components SBU. Employee has an impact on the success or failure of the Corporation’s Global distribution sales channel. Responsible for establishing, evaluating, extending and rationalizing the distribution channels globally. The manager will excel at establishing relationships with distributors globally by introducing the product line, training appropriate distributor personnel on product features and functionality, negotiating the contractual terms of the relationship and managing stock orders and sales performance of the network on an on-going basis. Demand planning, forecasting and distribution market analysis decisions are shared with the respective top Sales and Marketing employees at the applicable CTS SBU. This position establishes policies and practices related to the program with approval and concurrence of the GM and the respective SBU Directors of Sales and Marketing.
- Establish and realize distribution goals for sales growth, gross margins, promotions, strategies and inventory turns.
- Establish inventory profiles, price sheets, and stocking packages with Product Management.
- Increase the breadth and depth of business activities with major distributors within a global market.
- Implement business practices to optimize customer service and inventory management.
- Effectively manage costs related to the Distributionchannel.
- Develop and maintain contacts with distribution specialists and management.
- Partner with CTS Regional Sales Managers on sales strategies which partner with distribution
- Communicate CTS business updates to distributors
- Be able to communicate to CTS manufacturer rep network on the benefits of distribution and latest market updates
- Participate in the demand planning process through monthly development of forecast books and sales of products in the distribution programs.
- Analyze channel product needs and recommend products to be added to the CTS portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent
- Strong analytical skills using data analysis skills, software such as MS Excel, Salesforce.com, Tableau.
- Solid presentation skills using MS PowerPoint or similar
- Minimum of 5 years experience, 7-10 years preferred, in sales or marketing passive electronic components industry, specifically working for a distributor or manufacturer focusing on the distributionchannel.
- Looking for a proactive, self-starting person who has a passion for channelsales and can work independently in the field.
- Location: Remote, close to major airport, ideally in the USA