Saxum is an integrated communications firm offering strategic communications across all channels with expertise including public relations, advertising and digital, built to help clients elevate their brands and reputations. We are a diverse and dynamic agency of thinkers, doers, drivers and make it happen-ers.
Saxum offers professional and personal benefits, including health, dental and short-term disability insurance, paid time off, profit sharing, IRA retirement plan, flex time, telecommuting days and other benefits.
Saxum is looking for either a Senior Account Executive (SAE) or Account Supervisor (AS), dependent upon experience level, to manage client efforts around social and/or policy issues. This position manages or helps manage the strategic direction of integrated marketing communications programs with an issue advocacy focus, including media strategies (both paid and earned), public relations, public affairs, digital and creative initiatives, budgets and client relationships. This position will focus on both strategic and tactical items and may also oversee other staff members assigned to his/her client teams.
The candidate should have experience developing integrated marketing communications and advocacy strategies, place priority on teamwork, be a strong problem-solver and have excellent time-management and organization skills. Excellent writing (including AP style), marketing, media relations, crisis communications, project management, relationship management, event coordination, issue advocacy, public affairs, communications and presentation skills are important. Candidates must be committed to and enthusiastic about delivering results that drive clients’ goals.
- Develop and manage strategic plans for client accounts
- Maintain a high-level perspective on clients’ opportunities to engage in effective strategic marketing and advocacy through advertising, media relations, and stakeholder engagement functions including public affairs, internal communications and community relations
- Determine direction of accounts, with supervisor input, in terms of long-range, strategic planning
- Handle short-term tactical planning
- Make decisions that move the account forward
- Handle specific tactical work for clients
- Direct activities of others working on the client team
- Work to become a trusted extension of client’s internal team and management
- Keep client informed on account status
- Provide client support on accounts that others lead
- Lead integrated client teams
- Mentor and provide troubleshooting support to a team of account service professionals of different experience levels
- Continually ask, “Are we getting results?” and provide quality control
- Lead client team meetings, internal and external
- Delegate mindfully to ensure work is distributed equally and fairly among team members
Administration and budget management
- Work with projects mangers to monitor client budgeting and profitability; intervene with client when necessary to establish priorities
- Accountable for profitability on accounts/team members reporting to you
- Assist with monitoring account loads and staffing projections
- Review weekly time reports and billing per accounting department and project manager deadlines
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience managing and leading multiple projects and or accounts
- Experience in crisis communications/issues management
- Proven track record of taking initiative
- Knowledge and comfort navigating public affairs issues and procedures
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Prior agency experience
- Knowledge and interest in local and national policy, political and media landscapes
- Mentoring and managing other team members
- Experience for Senior Account Executive: 5+ years of experience in strategic communications, marketing, public relations, public affairs or advertising field
- Experience for Account Supervisor: 8+ years of experience in strategic communications, marketing, public relations, public affairs or advertising field with agency experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree is required for this position
- Programs/Software: Proficient in all Microsoft office products
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics: We’re seeking an energetic, positive, talented, highly-motivated and creative individual with a strong work ethic. Applicant must work well in a fast-paced, team environment under demanding deadlines and have excellent time management skills.