Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
The Brampton Poultry plant is a primary poultry processing facility at Maple Leaf Foods. The Maintenance Manger leads the Maintenance activities at the unionized Brampton Poultry, production facility. This position is responsible for adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Health & Safety and Human Resources standards, promoting and leading positive employee relations and initiatives, Maple Leaf Leadership Values, Six Sigma initiatives.
- Manage, motivate, set priorities and expectations and provide direct leadership to maintenance supervisors and staff, Maintenance Coordinator, Maintenance Planner. Provide leadership, direction and coaching to all employees within the department.
- Demonstrate an active and ongoing commitment to the improvement of plant operations, product quality and food safety.
- Develop and manage the maintenance budget; report on variances to budget while taking action to ensure solid fiscal management is maintained for building and equipment.
- Ensure strong management and development of capital budgets and execution of plans (design through installation) to ensure ongoing compliance to expectations.
- Be a lead resource in managing utilities, energy conservation and environmental related projects.
- Develop enhance and execute a successful Preventative Maintenance Management Program. Targeting sustainable reductions in downtime and costs.
- In addition to plant process equipment and facilities, oversee boiler operations, waste water management and plant refrigeration systems.
- Document and maintain standard operating procedures, user manuals and training materials.
- Liaise effectively with colleagues at other facilities and IOC’s as well as corporate Engineering/Maintenance resources to ensure effective sharing of information.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with manufacturers, suppliers and contractors for equipment quotes, maintenance, warranty modifications and improvements.
- Work closely with R&D, marketing, manufacturing and innovation teams to maintain and enhance customer relations.
- Contribute as a key member of the Plant Management team in strategic decisions, continuous improvement and six sigma initiatives.
- Actively contribute to the successful management of the plant processes and employees by nurturing a positive work environment through the use of excellent interpersonal skills, team building and fostering two-way communication between departments, allowing production targets to be met.
- Demonstrate an active involvement/commitment to a progressive health and safety and food safety program by ensuring that good housekeeping processes and GMP’s are followed.
- Operate within the guidelines of the manufacturing chapters.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Professional Engineer, EngineeringDegree/Diploma or relevant Trades designation combined with progressive management experience
- At least 5+ years Maintenance management experience in a fast paced food or manufacturing plant with demonstrated outstanding results in maintenance
- Excellent knowledge of troubleshooting, adjusting or repairing of existing and new equipment including PLC’s
- Motivated, confident and disciplined to maintain consistency and to improve maintenance procedures and practices of the plant
- Experience with food processing, CFIA, HACCP, Continuous Improvement Process, Six Sigma would be an asset
- Formal Skilled Trade designation, engineering designation would be an asset
- Strong motivational leadership skills
- Strong experience in developing and maintaining Maintenance programs and Preventative Maintenance program
- Professional manner with Customers, External Regulatory Agencies and Colleagues
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel, Windows
- Committed to the development of their team and colleagues
- Innovative and Creative in finding solutions and opportunities
- Proven project management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated excellence in leadership ability
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Reference No.: 9642364