Under the guidance and direction of the VP and CAE, the Senior IT Audit Manager will be responsible for the audits of Seagate’s Information Systems environment, with an emphasis on identifying and assisting management in minimizing the related risks. The scope of these activities includes complex audits related to general data centers, system applications, web based applications, IT infrastructure, and information security on a global basis. The Senior IT Audit Manager will also participate, evaluate, and provide guidance related to IT compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements. The Senior IT Audit Manager will take a leadership role in expanding the use of information systems and technologies by the Internal Audit staff, increasing the overall efficiency and effectiveness of internal audit activities. In addition, the Senior IT Audit Manager will provide strategic assistance in the development of integrated systems designed to help Management identify, manage, and monitor potential areas of risk, from both a financial and operational perspective.
The successful candidate should possess a strong work ethic and significant IT management experience, demonstrating the technical, administrative, and 'people skills' necessary to effectively manage IT audit projects. The individual should have a good understanding of IT controls and internal audit, and will have an important role in branding Internal Audit Services, championing IT controls and governance concepts throughout the business.
Essential Job Functions
- Work collaboratively with IT Management regarding ‘General Controls’ reviews and assessments. The scope of these activities will include participating on any related teams on a consultative basis.
- Plan and execute complex IT audits. This includes assessing and evaluating potential application risks and controls and providing recommendations to Management regarding mitigation of risks.
- Manage audit and client expectations regarding deliverables, timing, and benefits to the Company. Deliver service in a timely manner with minimal disruption to the client. Ensure audits results are focused, clear, accurate, and well presented. Anticipate potential roadblocks and issues, and provide suggestions and alternatives.
- Participate in system development audits to ensure controls are considered and implemented as part of the system development life cycle process.
- Develop and maintain consultative relationship with IT management and staff, serving as the Internal Audit Services (IAS) liaison with the IT department.
- Apply information systems development, implementation and operation control concepts in a variety of technology settings, and assess the exposures from ineffective or missing control practices.
- Identify opportunities and execute integrated audits jointly with the operational/process internal auditors, creating value-add internal control and business process improvement suggestions and recommendations, with emphasis on operational effectiveness, efficiency, and profit maximization.
- Assist team members as needed in sharing technical knowledge and special expertise with the other members of Internal Audit Services
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field with focus on information systems
- Certification, such as CISA and CISSP or comparable, is required.
- Minimum 10+ years of related, applicable experience in information systems, cybersecurity, auditing, and experience in a management/supervisory role. Specifically, applicable experience would include a mixture of public accounting (Big 4) information systems, and IT Internal Audit function of a publicly traded company within the high technology industry.
- Knowledge and experience with professional standards, including COBIT.
- The candidateshould demonstrate:
- excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- sound judgement in analyzing problems, with the ability to distinguish between relevant and irrelevant information
- proficiency at assessing risk and evaluating internal controls.
- the ability to handle sensitive / confidential matters in a tactful / discrete manner
- a desire for continuous professional growth
- Ability to work with a high performance team, managing a variety of projects simultaneously to successful completion. Work must reflect a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication and personal computer skills. Must be able to work with all levels of the company and organization.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Experience with Oracle Systems and related applications.
- Solid knowledge of Computer Assisted Audit Procedures (CAATs) and audit software such as ACL is required.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally up to 25%.