Castlewood Treatment Center - Monterey, CA
Castlewood Treatment Center at Monarch Cove is a Residential Eating Disorder Treatment Center offering compassionate, professional treatment for anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, compulsive overeating and binge eating disorders.
This position is responsible for supporting the Director of Nursing with the daily oversight and control of the client services at Castlewood treatment center at Monarch Cove.
This function includes paintings in the areas of workforce improvement, patron admissions and discharges, medicinal drug management, clinical process oversight, clinical documentation assessment and oversight, ongoing scientific group of workers supervision, schooling and compliance, and different duties assigned with the aid of the Director of Nursing.
This position calls for information of group constructing and an ability to use persuasive leadership to work with others to ensure transport of safe and effective clinical services.
This position requires running information of federal, California state (name 22), The Joint commission standards as they pertain to purchaser care in a congregate living health facility.
Position Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assigns and supervises direct care staff. Delegates tasks to direct care staff including but not limited to vital signs, grooming, dining supervision, close observation when needed, etc. and ensures all tasks are completed.
- Assesses client health and well-being on a daily basis. Promptly reports concerns to the physician and other team members who need to know and documents all findings and interventions.
- Communicates pertinent nursing and care plan related information to direct care staff daily. Ensures “hand-off” communication each shift.
- Participates in treatment team meetings and contributes to the client care plan on a regular basis.
- Participates in developing and maintaining the client treatment plan.
- Participates in client education and leads groups as assigned.
- Coordinates new admissions.
- Completes Weekly Nursing Update Assessment in the Electronic Health Record system.
- Supervises physician telephone or verbal orders.
- Supervises implementation of new medication orders.
- Ensures all allergies of each client on the MAR and on the chart.
- Supervises medications passes.
- Destroys wasted or discontinued medications per Castlewood Treatment Center at Monarch Cove policies and procedures.
- Audits and monitors all controlled substances including the recording of information.
- Ensures that all facility medication policies and procedures are followed.
- Monitors medication management of step down clients.
- Ensures that all clients in step down program take prescribed medications home
- Ensures that the physician obtains informed consent and nursing reinforces education prior to administering psychotherapeutic medications.
- Serves as a liaison between physicians and the clients to answer questions about medication changes, physician appointments, and health related issues in a language the client can understand.
Administrative Duties include:
- Coordinates with the pharmacy for medication deliveries and questions regarding medications. Faxes additional information as needed for payments per the HIPAA protocols and facility policy.
- Obtains insurance updates to get precertification for medications and other coverage.
- Places special orders that are non-medicine related on the MAR with instructions for direct care staff to follow. Inputs all necessary information on the MAR, with special instructions for a procedure, e.g. use non-allergenic soap, etc.
- Creates and maintains weight and vital sign spread sheets. Check daily for accuracy. Rechecks any documented weight or the vital sign that is unusual and documents it.
- Organizes, coordinates and follows up on all consults with physicians / medical personnel for tests, etc. Provides the appropriate diagnosis for laboratory, radiology and another diagnostic test.
- Obtains releases and faxes for coordination of care from other doctors and past treatment centers.
- Organizes all transportation and information needed for clients to attend medical appointments.
- Coordinates lab services: completes orders, ensure that specimens are labeled in the presence of clients and notifies the physician of results.
- Monitors, documents and investigates all incidents involving medications, medical issues, client injury or other incidents involving clients. Reports incidents to the performance improvement/client safety committee for review and recommendations.
- Completes discharge paperwork is completed and filed per policy.
- Processes paperwork as requested for disability authorization approvals.
- RN CA State licensure and graduate of accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred
- 5+ years of experience in an acute care or skilled nursing setting required. Experience in behavioral health and/or eating disorder treatment center preferred
- Must have current CPR certification through an American Heart Association approved agency
Job Type: Full-time