Curator Programs and Special Projects ( Corporate )
The Curator Programs and Special Projects will cultivate a diverse roster of public programs including events related to the MGMR Art & Culture mission, the collections, and special exhibitions. The position is designed to build creativity as it relates to the art and culture initiatives throughout the company and will focus on organizing public programs, talks as well as culturally relevant, community-based activities. All duties are performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices and procedures as well as within the framework and intent of the Mission Statement.
The Curator Programs and Special Projects is responsible for cultivating a vibrant community around MGM Resorts Art & Culture through designing, marketing, producing, and evaluating a range of programs that complement our exhibitions, collections and that are aligned with the company’s Core Values. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Curator of Programs and Special Projects is responsible for the development and implementation of all education and public engagement efforts on behalf of the department. The Curator of Programs and Special Projects will curate learning opportunities and engagement with visitors through meaningful programs, events, and collaborations on the local, national and international level.
- Lead on all partnership programs including contracts and program development.
- Working with the Director, conceptualize and implement innovative new programs and outreach as it relates to the exhibitions, collections and Art & Culture mission and expand the audience base.
- Collaborate with other departments in developing promotional opportunities and increase audiences.
- Track metrics that measure, interpret and analyze the effectiveness and outcomes of education and public programs and ensure alignment with strategic goals.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate all on-site and in-school education and enrichment programs working as a team leader with Corporate Philanthropy department as well as educators.
- Plan and collaborate on onsite programs, lectures, tours, and non-traditional learning experiences for visitors.
- Develop and adapt supplemental material for the website, Enews, and social media outlets.
- Outreach to local schools, colleague organizations, and various social networks both on-line and actual to build collaborative relationships and new audiences.
- Manage evaluation strategies to assess both the reach of marketing efforts and the impact of Art & Culture programming.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to advice on the annual budgets for Programs as well as Brand Marketing departments.
- Monitor expenses throughout the year ensuring adherence to budgets.
- Work with the Programs team and Marketing departments to produce key communications and promotional materials, and shape the language used to describe programs, exhibitions and collections.
- Act as primary liaison with the department’s internal and external public relations teams.
- Manage the department’s marketing initiatives in the neighborhood to help build local audience and following.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with the educational community and cultural institutions to promote the activities of the department.
- Develop, plan and implement of creative and innovative initiatives and materials.
- Manage all community-based activities and events, and public dialogues.
- Effectively manage outreach engagements, including community, and employee programs.
- Increase the visibility of MGM Resorts International through the Art & Culture strategy.
- Partner with internal partners to define and implement a framework to drive and sustain MGM Resorts International as a leader in arts and culture.
- Lead, manage, and develop team.
- Create and maintain a work environment that promotes client service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction ensuring quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- BachelorDegree in related field or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 7 years of experience in design or art field.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Graduate degree
- Superb communication skills; personable and diplomatic while inspiring participation from partners, media outlets, and community members.
- Demonstrated interest in special exhibitions and public programs.
- Self-driven; able to multitask and lead staff
- Broad knowledge of both art history and contemporary issues
- Expertise in developing outreach programs to successfully engage a diverse community
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Flexible schedule to accommodate evening & weekend programs
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across disciplines and departments
- Ability to interact with media as needed
- Thorough knowledge of 20th and 21st century art history with emphasis on contemporary issues.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.