Job Description Job Summary
The Media Director is a senior position and one which is responsible at the client, department, agency, external partner and direct team level. They are the strategic lead for the media team. They clearly identify and articulate the client’s desires and concerns to their team and direct a meaningful and insightful plan/response to solve the challenge at hand.
• The Media Director can manage down, up or sideways and stays up to date with industry trends, tools and technologies that team members use on a daily basis to guide them to the most meaningful insights and solutions.
• They have a strong commitment to new ideas, foster innovative initiatives and are open to taking calculated risks and embracing change. Must have a strong sense of curiosity in their DNA.
• Can lead topline discussions around all forms of media with a client.
Participation at Department/Agency Level
• Continually seek ways to increase efficiency and productivity on assigned accounts, while keeping the bar high for the work. Look for win-win solutions. Strong problem-solving skills a must.
• Help negotiate staffing plans based on the scope of work, in conjunction with Operations team.
• Ability to effectively juggle and prioritize multiple demands and build trust among multiple constituencies.
• Participate in New Business with responsibilities ranging from presenting in the final pitch to simply guiding the team during the process.
• Must be a proven developer of talent and orchestrate job performance evaluations of direct reports, annually.
• Ability to manage multiple teams that each “own” a different local client, to ensure the individual client needs are met, while also providing consistent recommendations across markets.
• Work collaboratively with current Associate Media Director on the business to develop strategic architecture and help oversee full hybrid team structure.
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
Requirements Strong Media Knowledge and Relevant Industry Experience
• Bachelors or advanced degree in related field, with at least 10 years managing a team in a client facing role.
• QSR and/or retail experience required, Franchisee, Co-op/Dealer group experience desired. Will have experience working with complex client teams.
• As the most senior media point person to clients, must be versed in all communication channels.
• Must understand the need for alternative approaches of selling- in media plans to various levels of corporate clients as well as franchisees, both of whom have individual expectations and needs.
• Experience with local media is a must; including Spot TV, Local Cable, Spot Radio, OOH, Print, Digital (social, cross-platform, emphasis on mobile); including Hispanic targeting across each channel.
• Ability to guide client toward media mix optimizations that best accomplish business objectives and better reflect the ever evolving media landscape.
• Strong understanding of data and analytics, particularly as it pertains to the client business, media optimization, testing scenarios and application to future investments.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a cross-discipline team (creative, production, account leadership, analytics, strategy).