Email Engineering Specialist, Global Technology Services
5 - 7 years experience • Business Services
The Email Specialist is responsible for delivering email and related services. Currently the services are based upon Microsoft Office 365 Exchange Online, Exchange 2013/16 Hybrid Infrastructure and EOP/IronPort systems. The team provides infrastructurearchitecture, delivery, and operations to support Exchange services and related email security systems. The email team supports incident and problem management for these services and proactively ensure continued operation and optimal performance.
- Work with member firms to ensure support for O365 Exchange Online and Exchange on-premises services.
- Manage vendor(s) to provide the services.
- Provide technical leadership to ensure service quality and project success
- Participate in service deployment in partnership with the engineering and project management teams
- Partner with stakeholders to deliver, maintain, and operate the services and solutions
- Resolve issues, identify risks and escalate, as necessary
People Management Responsibilities
- Share knowledge and train colleagues in support organizations to equip them to resolve incidents and fulfil requests
- Support a culture of continuous improvement and teamwork
- Support, sustain and upgrade all components required for direct delivery of email services, including Exchange server software, email security systems, email archiving and eDiscovery services.
- Utilize technical expertise in daily operations and support of Office 365 Exchange Online, Exchange 2013/16, and Office 365 hybrid environments.
- Utilize technical expertise in daily operations of email hygiene systems including IronPort and EOP.
- Support incident and problem management processes for the service.
- Establish proactive operational measures to reduce production downtime incidents.
- Integrate security standards and processes into daily work to meet and sustain compliance with Deloitte secure practices.
Education (degree):Bachelor’s Degree
Other (Explain):Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
Years of Experience: 5+
- Professional experience supporting Enterprise scale Messaging and IT solutions
- Technical expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2013/2016, Microsoft Office 365 (Exchange Online), and messaging hygiene and security systems.
- Proficiency of related technologies such as PowerShell, Active Directory, Unified Messaging, MFA, Windows Server, Hyper-V, moblie devices, eDiscovery and disaster recovery solutions.
- Deep understanding of client/server, networking and Internet technologiesrequired to troubleshoot messaging systems end-to-end.
- Proficiency with planning, design, deployment, configuration, optimization and migration of enterprise level-messaging systems.
- Define and implement architectural standards; Identify potential risk of proposed strategies; Ensure alignment of systems design to underlying architecture
- Ensure application design is consistent with solution architecture. Establish standards and leading practices to execute design strategies.
- In-depth experience in project delivery preferrably with Agile/Scrum projects
- Experience in customer-facing roles with demonstrated capability in clearly presenting thoughts and ideas to audiences of various sizes and technical knowledge levels.
- Collaborative problem solver who is creative and confident with the ability to produce written materials with a consistent approach and tone, able to communicate effectively with stakeholders and project team members.
- Demonstrates awareness of major external technology vendors and understands critical information about future-oriented technologies; Drafts and participates in the development of service agreement contracts with vendors
- Delivers customer service excellence by understanding the customer’s business needs (Voice of the Customer), identifying the appropriate technical solutions, and meeting/exceeding service expectations.
- Identify, analyze, and drive problems to resolution, handling complex issues simultaneously while effectively communicating across teams and to stakeholders.
- Build team relationships across the organization.
- Exhibit strong Technical and management skills; ability to work directly with internal clients and provide consultation.
- Significant experience working with geographically distributed and culturally diverse teams.
- Knowledge of ITIL and LeanSix Sigma process management
- Ability to travel as needed, estimated at less than 5%
Requisition code: 141184