Client Operations Specialist (inside sales) is a sales support role assisting field Account Managers with the development and closing of new business. Specialists complete the supporting functions related to outside sales such as generating price quotes, processing orders, assisting with client inquiries, problem solving and issue resolution. This individual may also interact directly with clients to provide pricing quotations and accept POs in the absence of the account manager. This crucial role interacts with manufacturing partners, internal business partners and outside clients in a fast- paced support atmosphere. The COS supports the Account Manager gross margin objectives by allowing the Account Manager more time to be in the field with face to face meetings and by recommending the best pricing strategy within their client base.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support assigned Account Managers by producing accurate and timely sales quotations for new product and services business using SalesForce.com (CRM system).
- Provide outstanding and enthusiastic client service and communication both by phone and email. Respond quickly and accurately to requests from inside resources as well as outside clients.
- Prepare and submit accurate orders to purchasing. Help ensure deals are registered through partnership with the Deal Registration Desk.
- Provide system reporting or analytics to the Account Manager, operations, and management upon request.
- Multi-task ongoing activities from multiple people in a fast environment while producing accurate and timely new business quotations for products and services.
- Develop and retain product and industry knowledge to be used to identify expertise. Commitment to developing knowledge and experience.
- Provide historical pricing analysis to Account Manager upon request.
- Act as liaison between Account Manager and operations/services organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experiencepreferred.
- 2 or more years of experience in Business-to-BusinessSales/Client Services role required.
- Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Office; Specifically Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Internet navigation required.
- 2 years of experience in technical or information technologies industry preferred.
- Prior experience in Client Relationship Management software (CRM) required. Salesforce.comexperiencepreferred.
- Ability to work in a salespartnership setting, where workflow is determined by incoming requests required.
- Ability to build relationships and trust with internal and external partners/clients.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to align with particular deadlines
- Superior organizational skills, independent judgment and functional arithmetic skills