Job Title: Account Executive
Location: Kansas City area
Compensation: $110-175K uncapped with accelerated commissions
Benefits: Full Benefit Package
About our Client:
Our client is an undisputed industry leader offering technology solutions to Municipalities, County and State Government agencies throughout the US. The company has won numerous industry awards with its current portfolio and will be introducing new products that have already begun gaining interest in the markets they serve. Excellent leadership and career pathing is in place to enhance your advancement opportunities within the organization. This is a good one guys!
- As the Account Manager, you will be responsible for an existing account base in the KS, MO, IA & Nebraska territory. The Account Executive will develop consultative and “trusted advisor” status with the state and local municipalities regarding current projects and new sales opportunities
- Meet or exceed assigned individual sales goals and contribute to the overall company goals
- Forecast opportunity lifecycles in a timely and accurate manner
- Work with multiple sales and operational personnel, including Sales Engineering and Sales Coordinators, to recommend solutions that directly impact the communities you live in and the neighboring states.
- Focused on building need and driving opportunity within new customer accounts in addition to maintaining the current account base.
- Follow up on leads provided by the marketing department through a variety of prospecting activities
- Maintain excellent documentation; attention to detail in reporting is essential
- Aggressively close/assist in closing new business through mid- to long-term sales cycles
- Monitor and assist new partners during the installation and deployment period
- Maintain and grow relationships with existing clients in order to develop new business
- Travel to foster new business and build relationships
- Other duties or special projects as assigned
- A technical aptitude is extremely important for this role. Background selling technical products (communications hardware or software) is preferred, but not necessarily a deal breaker.
- 5-10 years of salesexperience as an Account Manager or Account Executive.
- Strong persuasive, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- A competitive drive that seeks winning solutions and desire to support a diverse team.
- A high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office – specifically Excel, Word and Outlook – and adaptability to web- and browser-based programs is a must.
- Capability to focus and execute tasks quickly with excellence and minimal supervision.
- Ability to flourish in a high-growth, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to juggle multiple time-sensitive requests.
- Ability to travel up to 50%