The Global Support Group (GSG) of Leidos is looking for a Deputy Program Manager (DPM)/Chief Engineer for a position in the Northern Virginia area. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered.
Leidos is seeking a customer-oriented Deputy PM/Chief Engineer to provide oversight and management of multiple development projects. The individual will provide full life-cycle development of component specific IT solutions and manage projects. The team is a dynamic, team-oriented organization utilizing the AGILE framework to build and manage application development projects. The individual is expected to clearly present information; read and interpret information; interact with customers or stakeholders; listen well and work through others to obtain results. A successful candidate will use technical and programmatic skills as well as strong communication skills, and is expected to maintain current project management job knowledge. The candidate will be responsible for planning and execution of the full software development lifecycle for application development and O&M projects. This includes responsibility for development of plans and schedules to meet requirements, tracking project budgets and actual costs, and interacting directly with managers and users for these projects.
Possible Responsibilities include, but are not limited to management of development projects utilizing the Agile methodology; project planning, risk assessment, resource management, and estimating and monitoring cost; identifying cost, schedule, quality and performance impacts; organizing, planning and prioritizing team work tasks; communicating and collaborating across organizational boundaries, including other across the Community; assessing customer requirements, identifying dependencies and gaps, and developing responsive project plans.
The individual serves to maintain a strong awareness of technical trends in information technology, develop and maintain a strong awareness of on-going IT projects, and business requirements. The individual will be able to apply the Agile project management model for a given development effort and provide analysis, design, development, deployment, and life-cycle support for innovative cloud systems and applications. The work involves being able to ensure systems being developed comply with all customer regulations and technical requirements, help project teams prepare for customer and Program control gates; and keep customer and contractor management apprised of project or program status.
Specifically: The work will entail system design, engineering, configuration and development. Working with clients to develop requirements; communicating required development tasks to the client PM and other project developers; providing software development and testing; providing guidance on user interface specifications; providing leadership in process improvements, and providing incremental project progress reviews to client. The resource will help business units identify technology solutions with the potential to improve business processes. The resource will work with others on the program as well as technical and analytical counterparts to define constraints, and develop requirements and concept of operations documentation. Also the resource will work with stakeholders to identify best-fit technical solutions for business needs; identify technical risks and develop mitigation strategies; migrate existing systems to Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud platform; provide conceptual design, prototype, and test cycles appropriate to a chosen technical solution; identify and manage dependencies with other systems and elements of the IT infrastructure; evaluate industry offering to identify products and technologies with the potential to support the design; identify environmental impacts on systems; survey products and technical infrastructure as part of the system selection process; assess system designs to validate them against expected technical parameters; identify resources and applications needed to complete the development process; develop and implement test plans for commercial off the shelf (COTS) and custom developed systems; and ensure all product and administrative documentation is completed and maintained in order to ensure continuity and historical reference.
- Typically requires a BA degree and 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 13+ years of prior relevant experience. - Experience managing full life cycle software development projects.
- Experience managing projects using Agile development methodologies.
- Experience exhibiting verbal communication to include briefings/presentations and interactions with different levels of management.
-Experience with the rules of governance and project life cycle methodologies and adapting them to meet business needs.
- Experience managing tasks, priorities and schedules for medium-scale projects.
- Experience exhibiting technical skills to identify dependencies and technical risks.
- Experience exhibiting teamwork skills, including working across organizational boundaries.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience troubleshooting and problem solving both technical and non-technical issues.
-Demonstrated on-the-job experience in analyzing requirements and identifying technical solutions.
- Experience with applying Working Capital Fund processes and procedures, include Service Level Agreement management
- Experience with Primavera Project Manager for tracking project progress.
- Financial and budget experience.
- Experience with risk and issue management.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Certified Scrum Master.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with systems installation and configuration support for Windows servers and server administration and optimization.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience configuring server technologies including Apache Web Server and Tomcat.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience supporting web, multimedia, and database solutions.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience or detailed understanding of current and future technology trends.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with network architecture design
-Demonstrated on-the-job experience effectively understanding and communicating orally, in writing, and inter-personally to various audiences.