The Systems Engineer will provide technical and programmatic support to SMC Ground Based Space Surveillance Division (SYG) Sensor Support Service (S3) programs. This support includes, but is not limited to: General systems engineering, sustaining engineering, architecture development and decision making, integrated logistics planning and execution, acquisition assistance (includes integration with contractual, financial, and scheduling activities), and overall operations and sustainment support as required. The scope of this effort includes providing support, as required, to division or branch level managers.
- Develops, maintains, and coordinates life-cycle sustainment plans (LCSPs) and, as appropriate, logistics planning documents, for government approval.
- Ensures for the planning and execution of all product support elements in the development, modification, upgrade and sustainment of new and existing programs within the SYG Enterprise portfolio.
- Supports the development of overarching system design documentation to include: technical requirements documents (TRD); capability description documents (CDD); capability production documents (CPD); ICDs; and system specifications.
- Supports development of training related tasks such as the Training System Requirements Analysis (TSRA), system training plans, and other training materials.
- Provides relevant submissions, revisions, and reviews for acquisition and technical efforts including acquisition strategies development, risk management, system safety, configuration control, data management, scheduling and product support deliverables (to include reliability, maintainability and availability reports, level of repair analysis reports, provisioning analysis, technical orders, depot source of repair, deficiency tracking and technical drawings to ensure compliance with current policies and regulations).
- Leads and resolves program deficiencies and facilitate effective integration of support system technical and product support requirements and efforts with other acquisition and sustainment activities within SYG, with outside agencies and industry partners.
- Develops strategies, plans, and packages for classified and unclassified document submissions and facilitate associated life cycle cost planning and benefit analyses, partnering, acquisition of data rights, and provisioning. Staff packages through DSOR process and follow through final approval.
- Provides relevant input for maintenance planning activities, upgrades, modifications and studies while interfacing with the prime depot contractor’s management staff, technical staff, logistics support personnel and product support integrators.
- Coordinates and leads resolution of system issues, deficiencies, software bugs, etc. with prime contractors, depot contractors and other support contractors.
- Maintains configuration control, configuration status accounting, and configuration identification of the systems hardware, software, and firmware configurations.
- Facilitates management and planning through the working relationships established with interfacing activities such as Government Program Management, Engineering and Logistics, Contractor Configuration Management and Defense Contract Management Command (DCMC). Coordinate resources and facilities assigned to the Configuration Management (CM) function, to include such resources as automated tools, connectivity to a shared data environment, and otherinfrastructure elements. Performs secretariat activities for Configuraton Control Boards and System Programming Activities (SPA) Configuration Working Group (SCWG).
- Provides training as required.
- Selects configuration items at appropriate levels of the product structure to facilitate the documentation, control, and support of the items and their documentation. Creates records in the status accounting data base and provides documentation for configuration verification and audit.
- Utilizes a CSA system (ARAS Innovator®) to provide configuration baseline status information and provide system traceability for the management of released specifications, drawings, ICDs, and software media and documentation. Ensure the method utilized maintains access and linkage to all existing ARAS tool data and linkage compiled throughout the legacy SENSOR contract. Maintains the CSA system/CM hardware and software Tools by installing server and patch updates and controlling data access authorizations.
- Conducts Configuration Audits to provide the framework, and the detailed requirements, for verifying that the Contractor’s development effort has successfully achieved all of the requirements specified in the configuration baseline.
Provides data management of data items received in support of projects and initiatives. Maintains Government deliverable documentation templates and provide workflow management for document review workflows. Maintains document control logs for deliverable documentation, track document review CRMs to resolution, provide review of project data requirements and conduct data calls.