The Director Compensation oversees the MGM Resorts Job Analysis and Evaluation Program to ensure that all jobs are properly classified in accordance with applicable federal and state regulatory requirements. This position directs the creation and maintenance of company-wide, standardized job descriptions and ensures job attributes are properly depicted in WorkDay. This position also manages the Compensation Partner team, which acts as internal consultants to corporate and property management on various compensation-related issues, including wage and salary administration, incentive pay, job analysis, job descriptions, and employee promotions/reclassifications. All duties are performed in accordance with Corporate and MGM Resorts policies, practices and procedures.
- Directs the creation and maintenance of company-wide, standardized job descriptions and job titling; evaluates jobs for proper grading, and ensures job descriptions accurately reflect essential job functions and adhere to established guidelines and formats; partners with HR and other departments as needed to ensure job attributes are appropriately assigned in WorkDay.
- Provides guidance and recommendations to corporate and property management on various compensation related issues, including wage and salary administration, incentive pay, job analysis, and employee promotions/reclassifications.
- Manages the Compensation Partner team; oversees comprehensive company-wide and department job reviews and ensures associated recommendations are both legally compliant and align with Company objectives; develops and implements processes/procedures to ensure tasks are completed consistently and in accordance with established policies and guidelines.
- Provides interpretation of and ensures compliance with federal and state legal requirements concerning employee pay, including FLSA and Wage & Hour regulations; maintains current knowledge of appropriate regulations.
- Directs the implementation of compensation programs for the Company as required; ensures programs are carried out consistent with the strategic plan and vision for the Corporation.
- Interacts regularly with all levels of management to address complex employee compensation issues and to develop and implement effective solutions; prepares and presents presentations as needed;
- Maintains current knowledge of appropriate state and federal wage and hour regulations; applies effective broad-based human resource practices in all compensation related programs.
- Creates and maintains a work environment which promotes teamwork, performance, feedback, recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction; establishes and communicates priorities, sets performance objectives, provides directions, and holds staff accountable.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or a related field or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 7 years of professional compensation-related job experience.
- Certification Compensation Professional (CCP).
- Knowledge and experience using a point-factor job evaluation system.
- Experience managing/supervising professional/exempt employees.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Hospitality experience.
- SHRM Certification.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.