Henkel´s Laundry & Home Care brands have been trusted by generations of families. To maintain the trusted quality it takes constant innovation, sound research, cutting-edge product development, smart marketing and sales. Above all, it takes people who share our passion and embrace change. What do you strive for?
The Director of Human Resources Business Partner serves as a strategic HR Business Partner to Henkel’s 2000+ person Laundry Supply Chain organization. This position serves as consultant to leaders regarding all HR-related matters, including managing employee relations, change management, OD/design, compensation & HR administration. The role will require collaboration and communication with the HR Centers of Expertise, Global HR Business Partners and HR Business partners who support other functions, and other cross functional key stakeholders.
What we offer
- Lead Supply Chain HR organization of ~15 ee’s across 4 manufacturing locations, and the Stamford-based NA Laundry Supply Chain Leadership team.
- Serve as a member of the NA Laundry Supply Chain Leadership team to drive people-related initiatives
- Partner with NA and global HR partners to lead HR strategy and provide day-to-day HR guidance
- Responsible for talent management activities to ensure most qualified employees are recruited, hired, and retained
- Lead succession planning and annual performance review process.
- Lead annual talent & compensation processes, change management initiatives, and deployment of new programs and processes.
- Manage employee relations issues by conducting effective, thorough inquiries to coach managers on effective issue resolution.
- Ensure management of legal risk through the effective handling of employee relations matters. Partner with legal department as required to mitigate risk and ensure compliance.
- Provide day-to-day coaching to site management (coaching, counseling, career development, and corrective actions).
- Work closely with leaders and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase engagement, performance and retention of talent.
- Provide labor relations and negotiations guidance to support strong collaboration in one union location.
- Work with local HR leaders in 3 non-union Plants to drive union avoidance and ensure that facilities remain union-free.
- Partner with Training and OD to deliver training initiatives and local onboarding practices.
- Work with the HR team to ensure data integrity and accuracy of all Supply Chain employee records.
- Develop and coach HR team members to ensure a strong team and retention.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years of related experience, with 5+ in operations and/or Supply Chain functions, preferably in a fast-moving Consumer Packaged Goods environment
- Working and practical knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state employment laws
- Demonstrated leadership and consulting skills; effective business partnership
- Labor relations and union avoidance experience and demonstrated ability to build both union and non-union working relationships
- Track record of successful HR team leadership and people development
Key Success Factors:
- Business ownership and acumen
- Strong employee relations skills including conflict management, negotiation, and coaching skills
- Confidence and demonstrated ability to interact with and influence employees at all levels
- Proactive orientation to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation
- Experience working in an environment undergoing significant organizational change
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and multitask
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills