Field Service Engineer of Mechatronic Machinery
Job # 3175
Our Field Service Engineer provides a variety of support services to customers. These services include calibration, maintenance and repair of our sophisticated Antenna test and measurement equipment. The Field Service Engineer must demonstrate strong technical skills as well as excellent communication, time management, planning, and organizational skills. As an representative of ours, it is essential that the Field Service Engineer develop good working relationships with customers and always strive to ensure that they are satisfied with the company’s products and services. It is also important that the Field Service Engineer help identify potential new business opportunities including equipment upgrades, training and other products and services. This will report to the customer support field service manager.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5years of experience, and a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics, and work experience in radar, servo motor-based mechanical positioners, robotics, or other mechatronic machinery. The candidate would have dealt with system integration or service of complex electromechanical machinery.
A majority of this work will take place at our customer facilities, the candidate must be able to think and work independently with little direction and be able to improvise with a limited set of available resources.
• Support customer test/production facilities on regularly scheduled or as-required basis for calibrations, system precision alignment, and preventive maintenance (PM) utilizing standard and proprietary test equipment
• Perform precision system alignment using laser tracker or other optical tools
• Provide professional responses in a timely manner to all customers
• Exhibit excellent diagnostic abilities to isolate issues and repair equipment
• Troubleshoot system and assist customers to ensure proper operation of positioners, controllers and other electromechanical equipment
• Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware and software
• Prepare and comprehensive Field Service Reports and Calibration Certificates and other documentation in a timely manner
• Manage time and priorities so that tasks are completed on or ahead of schedule
• Develop outstanding relationships with Company’s customers to enhance future business opportunities
• Ensure that customers are aware of Company’s new products (hardware and software) to support system upgrades
• Support the customer in every way possible to keep their test systems and ranges operating in the manner required
• Perform other duties as assigned
• This position will require extensive domestic and international travel, approximately 60%.
• Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision and "be on call" as needed
• Tactfully handle difficult situations and maintain composure under pressure
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group internally and externally
• Ability to read schematic diagrams and engineering drawings
• Ability to troubleshoot computer hardware and software (Windows-based)
• Experience with alignment using precision mechanical tools required
• Experience with laser alignment tools desired (laser tracker, spinning laser, laser DME)
• MS Office
• Government Security Clearance will eventually be required
• Additional requirements include ability to:
o Drive company vehicle
o Pack and ship test equipment
o Perform some lifting
Must have the ability to obtain or have a U.S. Government security clearance.
• Experience with servo motors and control systems
• Experience with positioning systems
• Experience with antennas or antenna measurements
• Experience with RADAR systems
• Programming skills (C, C++, VBASIC, java, or similar)
• Experience with Engineering Applications such as Matlab or LabView
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.