Provides process control support for ethanol plant operations and capital projects. Responsible for developing the technical deliverables required for all Valero Renewables process control systems including process control hardware and software, controller logic, human machine interfaces (HMI), cyber security compliance, and business wide process data acquisition. Frequently leads or assists in developing control system specifications, P&IDs, Cause & Effect Diagrams, control narratives, alarm documentation/ rationalization, cyber security controls, and instrument specifications. Guides the development, monitoring, and reporting on the management and maintenance of the VRF process control network.
- Champions the implementation and utilization of an enterprise wide cyber security program.
- Supports a DCS migration strategy for the entire ethanol production process across multiple sites over four to five years.
- Supports Emerson Delta V DCS, Siemens PCS 7 DCS, and Allen-Bradley PLC’s.
- Creates standards and policies related to all aspects of the control system platform; these include, but are not limited to DCS, PLC, SIS, control logic programming, data acquisition, HMI development, cyber security and alarm management.
- Monitors and maintains compliance with standards and practices.
- Develops project plans and works collaboratively with Plant and Process Engineers, IS and other staff members to achieve project and business unit goals.
- Acts as a liaison between Valero Renewables and Valero I/S, suppliers, and contractors.
- Works with site Engineers to maintain and modify existing control systems during normal operations and during scheduled plant outages.
- Provides process control troubleshooting expertise to the daily operations of the ethanol plants.
- Participates in Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), HAZOP, and Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) activities at the corporate and plant level.
- Develops, monitors, and reports on the management and maintenance of plant instrumentation driving compliance with PSM and best practices.
- Supports the implementation and utilization of an enterprise wide process data acquisition and analysis tool (OSIsoft PI).
- Bachelor of Science degree (or higher) in Engineering required.
- A minimum of five years of engineering experience required.
- Experience with successfully executing technical projects through the entire project cycle including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, commissioning, and closing phases required.
- Experience with a business wide process data acquisition preferred.
- Ability to travel to Ethanol facilities. Up to 30% travel or as business needs dictate required.
- Proficient at system administration and application development (point building, control strategies, and interlocks) for Honeywell Experion DCS required.
- Knowledge in process control network architecture, system management, HMI applications, and business network architecture required.
- Extensive knowledge with process control systems including proficiency, or ability to quickly acquire proficiency, in several programming languages for PLCs, PCs, and DCS systems required.
- Extensive knowledge of industry standards and the implementation of cyber security controls, especially with regard to the protection of Process Control Networks (PCNs) linked to business networks required.
- Intermediate knowledge of field instrumentation required.
- Familiarity with ANSI/ISA standards for process control networks required.
- Working knowledge of OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM) standard required.
- Ability to mentor engineers on a technical level required.
- Ability to work successfully in a matrix structure; focused strongly on the customer required.
- Knowledge of OSIsoft PI and Asset Framework preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to develop and appropriately execute Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT), Site Acceptance Tests (SAT), and on site commissioning as they pertain to control systems and instrumentation preferred.
- Knowledge of Honeywell Experion, Emerson, Delta V, Siemens PCS7, and Allen Bradley control system preferred.
Relocation assistance is available.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.4 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns the 2 percent general partner interest and a majority limited partner interest in Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero's brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland.
About Valero Headquarters
After acquiring Ultramar Diamond Shamrock in 2001, Valero began planning the construction of its state-of-the-art corporate headquarters at the edge of the Texas Hill Country in San Antonio, at Interstate 10 West and Loop 1604. It was completed in 2004. Today, the 200-acre Valero campus includes a main building; two connected newer office buildings; a four-story, separate building; and two large parking facilities. The headquarters also features a beautiful cafeteria, state-of-the-art training facilities, a fitness center, a daycare facility and jogging trails.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Primary Location:US-TX-San Antonio
Job Posting Aug 28, 2017, 7:29:57 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing