CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
As a Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst, you will be providing senior level cyber threat intelligence expertise in the collection and analysis of cyber threat information. You will also coordinate the dissemination of finished threat intelligence products to CIBC’s security operations, information technology, and executive decision makers. Main responsibilities will include:
- Define and maintain an operational profile that identifies critical IT assets, services, data, users, and infrastructure dependencies.
- Perform threat modeling to identify, classify, prioritize, and rate enterprise threats based on a thorough analysis of CIBC’s architecture, “crown jewels”, and threat adversary intelligence.
- Perform internal and external threat trending to identify emerging campaigns.
- Develop and maintain a profile of threat actors that target the organization
- Represent CIBC within threat intelligence sharing communities
- Package and communicate intelligence effectively - develop and deliver executive level presentations
- Liaison with the Security Operations Centre team to ensure that actionable Indicators of Compromise are incorporated into Security Operations Center technologies and processes.
- Proactively recommend long term and short term threat intelligence enhancements to monitoring and detection content, Security Operations Center tools, and security controls.
What We’re Looking For
– Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
– Must have Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related field
– Must have at least 6 years of experience as a Threat Intelligence Analyst or similar role
– Normal office environment