Microstrategy Development Manager
Prestigious Financial Services Organization is seeking a Development Manager to manage a team of developers responsible for project delivery and production support for a suite of BI/Analytics Microstrategy applications.
- * Resource Management for a team of MicroStrategy Developers
- *Advisor to project teams regarding design and development activities, standards, risk mitigation and issue resolution.
- * Thought leader of team that interacts with business teams and other stakeholders to define reporting solutions to meet diverse, complex business needs.
- *Recommends changes to policies and established procedures that affect immediate organization's success.
- *Manage and track action items, issues, and risks associated with a suite of applications. Follow up on items with appropriate parties to ensure their resolution and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- * Partner with Architecture Services to develop Reference Architectures, Patterns and Roadmaps for BI/Analytics. Establish and maintain design and development best practices.
- * Define and develop strategy for the roll out of the new features of the MicroStrategy tool and version upgrades.
- *Development and monitoring of performance metrics and Service Level Agreements.
- *Provide proactive production support for MicroStrategy and other BI/Analytics applications. This includes monitoring usage patterns and recommending improvements.
- *Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired.
- * Minimum of 10 years of relevant IT related experience and 3+ years management experience
- * Minimum of 10 years experience with relational databases and SQL
- * Minimum 7years of current and hands-on experience with the MicroStrategy tool and demonstrated expertise with complex and high volume Datamarts with Star Schema and Type 2 dimensions. Demonstrated experience delivering solutions to stringent SLAs for report performance.
- *Thorough knowledge of all features of MicroStrategy including but not limited to the following capabilities - Dimensional Modeling, Enterprise Manager, Cube Advisor, Cube creation/management/automation, Distribution Services, Transactional services, Visual Insight, Mobile.
- *Experience planning initiatives (including creation of business cases, formation of projects, and development of resource plans)
- *Demonstrated delivery of multiple complex projects
- * Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet critical deadlines
- * Demonstrated partnership with business clients and value proposition of projects I
- * Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- * Strong customer service skills
- *Experience managing dedicated and matrixed resources
- * Ability to establish I build cross divisional relationships I collaboration
- *Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with team members, stakeholders, and Sr. management on both the business and IT sides.
- * Understanding of the secondary mortgage industry.
- * MicroStrategy certified
- *Experience with Agile development
- *Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services, SAS, Tableau
- *Experience with Big Data