Quality Manager- Plastics Manufacturing
Less than 5 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
Innovate Manufacturing, Inc. - Knoxville, TN
Looking to make a difference in a start-up manufacturing facility? Innovate Manufacturing is a Chinese-owned, contractplastics manufacturer with complete solutions from engineering, tooling to manufacturing. Located in the Westbridge Business Park in the Karns area of Knoxville, we're looking for a results-driven, roll-up-your sleeves, get-it-done Quality Manager. This is a hands-on, fast-paced position requiring the ideal candidate to have good problem solving, organization, communication and leadership skills.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Ensure all customer requirements are met
- Ensure product quality so that product shipments meet or exceed customer requirements
- Lead in troubleshooting issues affecting production quality
- Lead in the control of non-conforming products according to approved procedures
- Lead in Corrective/Preventive Action activities according to approved procedures
- Support manufacturing operations with effective implementation of Quality Systems
- Problem-solve using advanced statistical techniques (probability, capability, etc.)
- Interface with customer representative when quality issues arise
- Respond to internal and external Corrective Action Requests (CAR’s)
- Audit systems for compliance and Continuous Improvement opportunities
- Seek cost reduction opportunities
- Assist with and provide training to other team members on Quality Systems
- 3years’ experience (preferred) in Quality Management in a manufacturing environment.
- B.S. Degree in an Engineering or related discipline (preferred).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and quality practices and a hands-on approach.
- Experience with quality improvement tools and techniques (i.e., Lean, Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control, and Failure Mode & Effects Analysis).
- Willing to challenge existing design, process and produce better products.
- Possess the ability to read and understand production and tooling drawings.
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, facilitation, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of computer applications including Microsoft Office and databases is required.
- Direct supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of GFSI standards
- Certification by the American Society for Quality (ASQ) as a Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Six SigmaBlack Belt (CSSBB), or Certified Quality Manager (CQMgr)
Job Type: Full-time
- Direct Supervision: 1year
- Quality Management: 1year
- Manufacturing: 1year
Required license or certification:
- CQE, CSSBB, or CQMgr (preferred)