Director of Business Development - Solar
Director of Business Development North Carolina, Utah, Southern California, Massachusetts, Florida, and Texas
A MISSION-DRIVEN COMPANY
Sunlight Financial is funding America’s transition to a clean energy future, house-by-house, roof-by-roof. Currently a rapidly growing provider of consumer loans for residential solar, the company is expanding to new products, including energy storage.
Sunlight partners with leading solar and battery installers nationwide to help homeowners save money and protect our environment. The company’s front-end tools and back-end credit expertise simplify and streamline home energy lending, enabling Sunlight’s channel partners to empower homeowners with the benefits of system ownership.
AN EMPOWERING AND ENTREPRENEURIAL CULTURE
Sunlight Financial empowers its employees to make a positive impact, at our company and in our world. In our entrepreneurial company and young industry, flexibility and initiative are key to our employees’ success in supporting our partners’ evolving requirements. The clean energy revolution is fast moving, and fast changing. Our salaries are competitive and our benefits are generous. Our culture is collaborative and our teams are interconnected with a mutual desire to succeed, work hard, and have fun.
A LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITY
To accelerate our rapid growth, we are hiring an experienced sales professional with a passion for solar to join our business development team. This Senior Leader will develop business and manage strategic accounts, helping to expand and support our network of preferred installers.
Strong interpersonal and organizational skills will enable the ideal individual to work closely with our partners’ executives, and their sales teams, to facilitate the sale of Sunlight’s loans. The data-driven Leader will advocate on our partners’ behalf and work collaboratively and cross-functionally to improve Sunlight’s processes, helping to create an outstanding experience for our partners.
A RANGE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop new partnerships with solar installers and sales organizations
- Manage existing partnerships with very large solar installers
- Track metrics to evaluate and accelerate partners’ growth
- Train our partners’ sales directors and representatives
- Communicate Sunlight’s process improvements to our partners
- Be the “voice of the customer,” loud and clear
- Help our partners address challenges large and small. The little things count
- Be our “boots on the ground.” Collect market intelligence
- Suggest product and process innovations
A RECORD OF SUCCESS
- 4-8years in sales and/or account management, including experience managing multiple business to business accounts
- Proven ability to develop and grow channelpartnerships
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to prioritize
- Experience with CRM required
- Residential solar experience strongly preferred; in-home salesexperiencedesired
- Able to excel while working remotely and independently. A self-starter
- Demonstrated commitment to mission-driven work
- Background in consumer finance is a plus
- Bachelor’s degreerequired; graduate degreepreferred
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Sunlight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sunlight complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Sunlight expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Sunlight’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.