As a crucial part of our evolving team, you will work with the Sales department, by offering desktop solutions to promote client workflow efficiency, protecting and increasing revenue.
You’ll likely bring with you equity buy side experience, where you will have used your knowledge of Python to develop strategies for portfolio managers.
This is more than a vanilla Python developer role. Yes, you know Python but you also understand desktop workflow and display demands, you enjoy building prototypes of custom views which your clients can use to give them the edge. You will build models that to satisfy specific client requirements, leveraging our extensive APIs customized to that specific market player.
You will spend time out of the office in front of our clients, so you should be comfortable with demos and presentations, and be able to work with a consultative style. Thanks to the time out in the field, you will pick up valuable feedback from our clients, eg product gaps or enhancement ideas. You will provide regular feedback to your colleagues in Product Management on themes and trends observed. The information you bring will help identify growth opportunities or threats to our business.
Additionally there may be the opportunity collaborate on building Jupyter Notebook solutions or prototypes for future development in our Terminal.
You'll need to have:
- Experience working in a financial markets environment with a deep understanding of different asset classes
- Strong python programming experience with exposure to Pandas, Numpy and Plotting libraries along with otherfinancial market data packages
- Capability of writing well-structured robust code for both research and production and propagating best practices to the team
- Experience with C/C++ and SQL
- Experience and eagerness to work in client facing role
- Proficient oral and written communications skills
- Availability for occasional travel
We'd love to see:
- Cross asset knowledge (Equities, Fixed Income preferred)
- Prior experience using the Bloomberg Terminal or similar products
- Experience with big dataarchitectures and machine learning techniques in finance
Requisition No. 62868