e are looking for a Christ-centered person who is passionate about youth ministry and can lead young people into Christian discipleship. This pastor will build a team of parents, volunteers and paid staff to create an exciting and welcoming faith community where youth can build relationships with other youth and their families and nurture their relationship with Christ.
Qualifications for this position include a strong, personal faith in Christ, as well as strong teaching, relational, management, and organizational skills. Interested candidates should have a college degree and at least two years of paid, full-time experience in youth ministry. A successful track record of ministry in a large church setting would be an ideal qualification. Salary will be commensurate with your experience and level of qualifications.
Broadmoor UMC is a contemporary, forward-thinking church. The church has excellent resources available: well equipped youth ministry area, generous budget, and supportive pastoral staff.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversee the Youth Ministry by building a team that works together to achieve the mission and
goals of the Youth Ministry.
2. Provide leadership to the Youth Ministry staff, volunteers, parents and interns, in consultation with
the Senior Pastor.
3. Sustain existing programs in a creative way and initiate new programs that encourage youths to
strengthen their relationships with Christ and each other.
4. Provide opportunities for youth to reach out into the wider community with service projects and
5. Assure that the administrative and support functions necessary to the flourishing of this ministry
are carried out in a timely and professional manner. This includes maintaining a social media
presence, utilizing and developing different mediums of communication with students and parents,
and working with the communications director to maintain branding and publicity