Job DescriptionA New Customer SaaS Account Executive will be responsible for driving new customer acquisition revenue for Sage Accounting in assigned territory. You will own the full sales cycle and will be critical to Sage’s Start Up Cloud First Strategy working with our top 50 Canadian Accountants to evangelize our Cloud First solutions at local events and selling thru Sage One. Key ResponsibilitiesKey accountabilities and decision ownership: (8 or 10 max)
• Responsible for prospecting and closing new business and management of all customers in the assigned territory.
• “Get the sale” using various customer sales methods (door-to-door, cold calling, presentations etc)
• Forecast sales, develop “out of the box” sales strategies/models and evaluate their effectiveness
• Evaluate accountants/partners skills, needs and build productive long-lasting relationships
• Meet personal and team sales targets
• Research accounts and generate or follow through sales leads
• Attend meeting, sales events and trainings to keep abreast of the latest developments
• Attend events in the SMB space in assigned territory.
Skills, know-how and experience:
Must have: (5 or 6 Max)
• 5 + years sales experience 2 years’ experience in the field preferably in the software industry.
• Successful in finding and uncovering new opportunities with prospects and existing business, cold calling and hunting for business
• Self-starter able to work independently but also a contributing member of a team
• Successful experience running the entire sales cycle from start to finish and experience being responsible for your own quota
• Charismatic Presenter, able to walk a potential client through product demos
• An entrepreneurial spirit … passionate about helping small business
• Self-motivated and driven
• 25% travel and a willingness to work a flexible schedule required
• Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
Nice to have -
• Social media expert, understands how to sell through social media platforms
• Already participating involved with small business activities such as chamber of commerce, entrepreneurial events.