Senior Systems Engineer
5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to partner with a Commercial Account Manager in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Juniper solutions.
In addition to technical aptitude and the ability to learn quickly, the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion and confidence in customers, partners and the Juniper team. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly competitive sales environment is essential.
Daily activities include direct partner and customer engagement, solution design, proof of concept design, and technical research relating to customer needs. Systems Engineer’s will work with their account manager to deliver solutions to their customers and coordinate with other teams to deliver our customers leading edge solutions.
An ability to maintain strong professional relationships with IT decision makers within assigned accounts. I highly self-motivated individual is needed for this high paced position.
This position is based in Chicago, IL and supports the Commercial business of the Chicago metropolitan area. This position focuses on a wide range of customers in the area and represents Junipers full product portfolio.
The positon reports to the Great Lakes Region Systems Engineering Manager and requires approximately 40% travel.
- A strong, successful pre-sales engineering track record (6+ years) in data and securitynetworking
- Experience designing and/or implementing L2 and L3 networks
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills are required for this fast paced position
- BS-level education in electricalengineering or computer science is strongly preferred
- Industry certifications are desirable
- Broad L3 knowledge to include hands on experience with a L3 routing protocol
- Deep understanding of L2 switching
- Experience with virtualized environments
- Deep inderstanding of networksecurity
- BGP and OSPF
- Cloud and Data Center Technologies
- Understanding of Python
- Understanding of Linux (Red Hat, Ubuntu, Centos, Suse, Debian)
- Knowledge of SDN and NFV technologies (SD-WAN, Contrail, OpenStack, and Orchestration Concepts)