Design, develop and support real time embedded software applications that meet SIL-4 safety standards for Positive Train Control products at Wabtec Railway Electronics (WRE) a leading supplier of technology-based products and services for the rail and transit industries.
- Analysis, design and development of firmware for real-time applications on ARM processor chips using IAR Embedded Workbench
- Participate in designing, coding, testing, debugging, configuring, and documenting software as per the company’s policies and procedures
- Assist in updating the Software Development Processes to produce firmware that can achieve SIL-4 certification.
- Work with a team of engineers to perform compliance, testing and verification tasks needed to collect certification documentation.
- Work with Safety, Quality and Audit teams to ensure the safe firmware development processes are being followed and the certification documentation is collected.
- Facilitate support for fault isolation, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis activities during system integration and validation testing
- Collaborate with Hardware Engineers on modifications to existing boards
- Make independent technical contributions in support of program objectives as well as interacting with customers and other Wabtec personnel
- BS in SoftwareEngineering/Computer Science/Electrical/Electronics Engineering is required and MS in a similar discipline is a plus with 8+ years of work experience
- Solid work experience with SCM, change management, defect tracking, software build and release processes.
- Expertise in firmware development and debugging ARM processor code with IAR Embedded Workbench or a similar toolset
- Expertise in software development processes under standards such as DO-178B or CENELEC EN-50128.
- Experience working with software quality tools like LDRA, Cantana or VectorCast for compliance, testing and verification of software.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to articulate clearly and concisely, tailored to audience
- Self-driven, results oriented and a clear focus on high quality, self-motivated: these qualities are a must
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Wabtec takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. VEVRAA Federal Contractor