WSP is currently seeking a System Assurance (SA)/RAMS (Reliability Availability Maintainability Safety) Engineer to join our Transportation department. Reporting to the Manager, this position will be responsible to undertake railway (commuter rail, light rail and subway) related engineering and operational assessment and analysis to provide assurance that all the systems under review are acceptably safe and reliable/available for rail operational service.
This role is needed in Toronto, Montreal and Canada West.
- SA/RAMSanalysis such as:
- Preliminary Hazard Analysis;
- Sub system Hazards Analysis;
- System Hazard Analysis;
- Operations and Support Hazard Analysis.
- SA / RAMS Planning such as:
- Safety Management system development;
- Project Safety / RAMS plan development;
- Operational Safety / RAMS plan development;
- Safety Management System implementation;
- AssuranceAudits and Assessments such as:
- Independent Competent Person Audit / Assessment;
- Independent Safety Assessment;
- Independent Verification and Validation;
- Design Verification.
- Detailed assessment and analysis:
- Undertaking and checking of HAZOP and HAZID studies;
- Undertaking and assessment of Qualitative and Quantitativerisk assessment;
- Implementation and checking of detailed analysis including;
- FTA / ETA;
- Root Cause Analysis;
- Reliability / Availability modelling.
- RAM implementation planning such as:
- Development and review of reliability proof documentation (RAM demonstration planning);
- Development and review of reliability assurance documentation (Reliability Growth Analysis, Reliability demonstration reporting from both physical and predicted data);
- Development and review of maintainability demonstration planning and reports;
- Development of RCM planning and implementation.
- Operational Safety Analysis;
- Assessment of operational safety across technical and operational process aspects;
- Development and review of operational plans and procedures for safety operations;
- Assessment and audit of operational compliance;
- Incident Management Planning andInvestigation such as:
- Emergency and Crisis management process development and review;
- Incident management procedure development and review;
- Incident investigations;
- Interface within the systems engineering disciplines (Track, Traction Power, Signal/Train Control, Communications, Integrated Control Systems, Rolling Stock, etc.)
- Interface with Structure/Station/Facilities/Tunnel in the railway environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum 10 years rail experience is required;
- A minimum 5 years SA/RAMSexperience is required;
- P. Eng. (ing.) is an asset;
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate a broad knowledge across all rail engineering aspects and operations with specialist in at least one key area such as: Train Control/Signalling, Traction Power, Rolling Stock, Station Equipment, Communications, Track Infrastructure, Structures.