POSITION SUMMARY: The Maintenance Director is responsible for the overall maintenance operation of the center, and he/she is responsible for performing repairs and maintenance on equipment. Otherresponsibilities of the Maintenance Director include ordering and requisitioning supplies and equipment as needed, performing regular daily, weekly and monthly maintenance checks, as shown on "Preventive Maintenance Calendar", and assigning duties and work assignments. The Maintenance Director follows established safety rules and policies and procedures of the maintenance department, keeps required records and submits them to the Administrator and Property Manager when required, and cooperates with other employees and department heads.
1. Performs overall supervision of the Maintenance Department including "hands-on" performance of maintenance and repair work;
2. Maintains the building in good repair and free of hazards such as those caused by electrical, plumbing, heating and cooling systems, etc.;
3. Maintains the building and grounds in compliance with Federal, State, and local laws;
4. Maintains the fire alarm and emergency generator system in good working order, performs test on fire alarm and emergency generator system weekly and keeps required records of test results;
5. Maintains required records and reports as outlined in the policies and procedures of the Maintenance Department;
6. Participates in budget planning for the Maintenance Department;
7. Orders and requisitions supplies subsequent to Administrator's approval;
8. Orients and instructs all maintenance personnel;
9. Participates in and plans in-service programs, as necessary;
10. Attends Department Head Meetings and sits on required committees;
11. Recruits, interviews, hires and provides orientation for all employees of the Maintenance Department;
12. Reviews and evaluates the work performance of assigned personnel as well as counsel/discipline assigned personnel according to established company personnel policy;
13. Assigns work assignments and duty schedules;
14. Remains on call for emergencies seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day;
15. Performs otherresponsibilities, as may be required, and as directed by the Administrator;
16. Concerns his/herself with the safety of all center customers in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also, ensures that the center adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the center's fire, safety and disaster plans and by being familiar with current MSDS;
17. Assists in the maintenance and update of the Property/Plant Assessment on an annual basis;
18. Assists in the maintenance and update of the Center's Disaster Plan on an annual basis;
19. Puts Customer Service First: Ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights;
20. Performs other duties as requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. High school degree or equivalent and basic training in electrical, plumbing, heating and HVAC systems;
2. Supervisory experience is also required for this position.
3. This position requires that the employee is able to read, write, speak and understand the spoken English language to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors at the work site when responding to their medical and physical needs.
4. Must provide verification of TST (tuberculin skin test) as required by state law and in accordance with Company policy.
TSTs will be administered at the work site if required.