Key responsibilities include:
- Support PMO and state team members in identifying and documenting key issues and risks related to Program cost management.
- Ensure cost management standards, tools, and procedures defined for use in the Program are utilized and followed.
- Manage cost management-related documentation in the Program documentation library.
- Coordinate with project contractors to ensure project invoices are accurately prepared and timely submitted and adhere to state standards.
- Review actual Program and Project expenses for accuracy and completeness.
- Assist the State in creating financial deliverables and supporting project documentation for inclusion in Advanced Planning Documents (APD) and updates as requested
- Establish and implement new or updated processes, tracking spreadsheets, or forms to support ongoing cost management
- Identify financial report needs and develop solutions for internal leadership, budget office, and CMS reporting requirements
- Develop processes to monitor APD expenditures
- Assist with developing and maintaining spreadsheets for tracking all project expenditures
- Document processes and procedures
- Facilitate fiscal meetings, prepares minutes, and tracks action items
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Five (5) years of program and project cost and financial management experience
- Experience working with state and federal Health and Human Services agency funding requirements preferred
- Understanding of state and/or federal budget process
- Familiar with CMS Advanced Planning Document process desired
- Proficient in Excel; excellent analytical skills and logical thinking ability.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Access
- Ability to work independently and manage work to a defined schedule
- Strong written and communication skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work directly with client staff
- Capable of conducting meetings and making presentations
- Must be a team player and a consistent, dependable performer with an excellent work ethic, flexible “can-do” attitude, and a results-driven commitment to success