Build and assemble a team of resources that will make Logistics a core competency. Responsible for optimizing freight spend and distributionnetwork while maintaining compliance to regulations.
- Optimize freight spend globally
- Determines most efficient and economical routing and mode of transportation, using rate and tariff manuals and motor freight and railroad guidebooks.
- Deploy processes and systems to give proactive visibility to freight spend
- Model our network and create a proposal for the future distribution needs
- Work with a cross functional team to plan and implement network changes
- Create and implement company standards and procedures relevant to material shipping, receiving and sales order dispatch to customers, warehouses, other storage facilities or company locations.
- Responsible for developing a process for delivering timely freight quotes in support of sales opportunities
- Creates a process to triage and resolve transportation issues
- Works with compliance to develop and implement standards and processes to adhere to denied party lists, export filings, HTS updates, etc.
- Ensures that transportation regulations are adhered to within the various sites
- Responsible for managing the relationship with carriers and brokers and their associated costs
- Heads scheduling of shipments and notifies concerned departments or customers of arrival dates.
- Initiates investigations into causes of damages or shortages in consignments or overcharges for freight or insurance.
- Conducts studies in areas of packaging, warehousing, and loading of commodities and evaluates existing procedures and standards.
- Initiates changes designed to improve control and efficiency of company logistics
- May negotiate contracts for leasing of transportation equipment or property.
- Prepare department budget.
- Lead, develop and manage a team of 2-3 individuals directly.
- 5-10 years of related Logistics experience working with multiple locations across multiple countries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business or related field preferred.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Project management
- Strong negotiation skills
- Hands-on LEAN manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of industry or distribution specific measuring processes
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Creative thinking
- Microsoft Office skills to include Work, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient in using MRP/ERP and warehousing systems
- Ability to define problems, collect data and establish facts, draw valid conclusions
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with multiple levels of management.