Director - Nursing / Emergency Department / Providence Hospital
Thank you for your interest in Providence Hospital and its affiliated physician network, Providence Medical Group, longtime providers of quality healthcare to the people of Mobile.
Known for its historic streets lined with massive live oaks, Mobile is a picturesque city situated on Mobile Bay near the Gulf of Mexico. More than 600,000 people call Mobile “home.” Here you’ll find a family-oriented community steeped in rich southern tradition with an eye to the future. Delicious seafood from nearby waters, year-round recreational opportunities, good schools and affordable housing create the area’s desirable coastal lifestyle.
Founded in 1854 by the Daughters of Charity, Providence Hospital is a 349-bed comprehensive healthcare facility for emergency, cardiovascular, cancer, orthopedics, obstetrics and surgical services. Outpatient services include an outpatient diagnostic center and a freestanding rehabilitation and wellness center. Providence has been designated a Blue Distinction Center by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama for spine, hip and knee surgeries and has earned Gold status from the American Heart Association for its congestive heart failure program, reflecting a high level of performance in patient safety and outcomes. Primary care services are provided by Providence Medical Group through offices located across southeastern Mississippi and southern Alabama.
As part of Ascension – the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system – Providence offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Our associates consistently give high ratings to their workplace engagement and leadership’s support for their well-being. Every day, the work of our talented associates reflects an unwavering commitment to serve, to care and to heal.
The Director - Nursing leads and directs services, workflow and resources for assigned nursing area.
- Develops departmental goals and objectives consistent with medical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements of the health care delivery system.
- Directs clinical activities, including patient assessment, care plan development, service level determination, patient visits, and complaint management.
- Plans, organizes and directs all activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares and monitors budget(s) and ensures that assigned nursing area operates within allocated funds. Coordinates and directs internal and externally-driven audits.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's LevelDegree
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) required.
- Five years of experiencerequired.
Job ID: 205804